Let's talk Northwoods

1. Na, I've said this about three different times now. The 35 is that same pattern as the queen #99 pattern. Derick was quoted as saying that the Indian River Jack was the one he recommended to clients that were up in the air. It was inevitable with Queen going away that an Indian River would be made on this 35 pattern.

Yes, you are correct and I’ll be disappointed if we have it wrong. In 2014 and 2015 the Northwoods Indian River jack was the knife everyone wanted. I never managed to snag one when they came out and never found one on the secondary market. Eventually I bought a GEC ebony 35 Drover. That knife more than satisfied my need for a Northwoods Indian River Jack.

Last edited:
This Schatt & Morgan started out as a 3 blade Heritage Cattleman. Glennbad did a blade delete for me and being built on the Queen #99 frame, it's a lot like an Indian River Jack now.

Here it is next to a Churchill. I know this is a Northwoods thread but what the heck. We were on the subject. And no, that is not my face in the shield.:D
IMG_5463.JPG
IMG_5462.JPG

This Schatt & Morgan started out as a 3 blade Heritage Cattleman. Glennbad did a blade delete for me and being built on the Queen #99 frame, it's a lot like an Indian River Jack now.

Here it is next to a Churchill. I know this is a Northwoods thread but what the heck. We were on the subject. And no, that is not my face in the shield.:D
View attachment 1403092
View attachment 1403093
That churchill is like not other ive seen. White pins and white covers. What u got goin on there? Beautiful.

Wasn’t the Delta Jack in 2017 built on the #35 frame? Maybe a Delta Jack with a finished spear blade.

Well, it's been 2 months since those northwoods blades popped up then disappeared. And the 35 run seems to be over. Any guess on an ETA?

I was wondering the same thing. @geek Jay are you guys gearing up for a drop on the 35 frame soon? It would definitely be a bright spot in a year with very few.

I was wondering the same thing. @geek Jay are you guys gearing up for a drop on the 35 frame soon? It would definitely be a bright spot in a year with very few.
About a week or two after the GEC announcement "No more SFOs", KnivesShipFree/Northwoods made a YouTube statement on TwoFacedBook. They said that this would not be the end of Northwoods Folder Knives. They said that the would make the knives themselves or have someone else make them. I don't think GEC has anything to worry about competition from them.

About a week or two after the GEC announcement "No more SFOs", KnivesShipFree/Northwoods made a YouTube statement on TwoFacedBook. They said that this would not be the end of Northwoods Folder Knives. They said that the would make the knives themselves or have someone else make them. I don't think GEC has anything to worry about competition from them.
Hard to imagine who they would have make them.

How do the northwoods drops usually work? I think i have the standard GEC drops figured out, but i have yet to find info on where to look and how to track production of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How do the northwoods drops usually work? I think i have the standard GEC drops figured out, but i have yet to find info on where to look and how to track production of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Been a few years since I participated in trying to get a NW but...
Northwoods are an exclusive and sold only by one online retailer. They used to have a mailing list you could get on. You can also follow them on various social media platforms to hear when a drop is coming. Then you wait till that time and try to buy one from their site, along with a bunch of other people.

Best to have an account for their site, be logged in and have your payment info all set up and ready.

No, no, no, the best way to get a NW is to slowly allow all individual knife photos to load, slooooowly and carefully peruse each one to find your favorite, and then log in and slowly enter your credit card info so you don’t make a typo error.

Another option is to put a NW knife in your shopping cart, then think about whether you really want the knife, make a sandwich, eat sandwich, drink ice tea, then log back on later and maybe hit the buy button.

Back