Let's talk Ti-Lock - A photo essay

DSCF5258_zpsdf7a684b.jpg

DSCF5248_zps7310bc65.jpg

Personally i think the holes are not just for looks, but to set the balance point of the knife yet retain the width of the handle.

Worlds biggest Ti-Lock :D. Ok this is getting silly. I'm done with the glamour shots ;)

DSCF5283_zps1c6ed4ba.jpg

Yeah...I want one of these now..a coworker who haunts the CRK forum brought one into work today and let me play with it.

I blame Cody

This is an awesome thread. I think that I have read the whole thing about 5 times. I am really intrigued by the Ti-lock. I am just trying to come to terms with the handle size. While I don't have overly large hands I have always preferred the large Sebenza over the small. I am thinking though with the choil and blade to handle dimensions it may be a great fit.

Had my photo bucket account open just now so grabbed these pics I took a while back...love the TiLock!

From what I remember yes. CRK wanted the buyer to have the option. Can't remember if it's a large or small.

Am I incorrect in thinking that the small and large Sabenzas both use the same size pocket clip? I'll have to check when I get home.

Well, the new Ti-Lock arrived today to join my small Sebenza group.

First impressions are favorable for me. It does get a lot of blade into that size of frame. And it can be opened one hand ok, it just has a different feel to it than I'm used to with regular thumb studs, holes, or what have you. The lock is certainly a unique design and locks up quite solid. Fit & finish is perfect as would be expected.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and will look forward to adding it into the rotation. Just looking at the number of small CRK blades in the pic, I'm really getting concerned I may need some kind of intervention or something. ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 69
Accordibg to the specs on the CRK website (below) it is "silicon bronze." Some googlefu will show it seems to be an ideal choice for the application...

SPECIFICATIONS:
Blade Material: CPM S35VN Stainless Steel
Blade Hardness: 58-59 RC
Blade Length: 3.25" (82.55 mm)
Blade Thickness: 0.125" (3.175 mm)
Lock Spring: 6Al4V Titanium
Lock/Thumb Lugs: Silicon Bronze
Handle Length: 3.94" (100.08 mm)
Handle Material: 6Al4V Titanium
Handle Thickness: 0.125" (3.175 mm)
Weight: 3 oz. (85.05 g)
Pocket Clip: 6Al4V Titanium

Thanks for the post kidcongo! Great pics & write up...made me appreciate the one i have even more!!
Got it pre-owned from a fellow forum member, and the opening / closing can easily be done with one hand..nicely broken in guess...

hZmJJdOl.jpg

x6V8H9El.jpg

3MOpl8xl.jpg
Great pics.

So my Ti-lock arrived yesterday. I was a little skeptical if I was going to like it because of its smaller size. I am use to carrying a large 21 classic or a startac.
Just as everyone has stated here though it feels way bigger than it really is. I can't believe how light it is. Just dissappears in my pocket.
I also noticed that the easiest way for me to open it is just like you would open an unumzaan. Push forward on the bar bell with your thumb parallel to the scales. I still find myself trying to disengage the lock bat to close it. Old habbits...:D

The CRK site says the current version is version 2. Can anyone tell me the difference between versions 1 and 2 and on approximately what born on date the changeover was made?

I found a good price on a new old stock one but the seller doesn't know what version it is. I know the DOB is 8/31/11.
UPDATE: For posterity sake this one has the plain tumbled finish and is thus a version 2.

Last edited:
Well, the new Ti-Lock arrived today to join my small Sebenza group.

First impressions are favorable for me. It does get a lot of blade into that size of frame. And it can be opened one hand ok, it just has a different feel to it than I'm used to with regular thumb studs, holes, or what have you. The lock is certainly a unique design and locks up quite solid. Fit & finish is perfect as would be expected.

Overall, I'm happy with the purchase and will look forward to adding it into the rotation. Just looking at the number of small CRK blades in the pic, I'm really getting concerned I may need some kind of intervention or something. ;)

You need 8 smalls for an intervention, you're good till then.:)

Back