Linking pics stopped working

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere. I searched around the recent tech support posts and couldn’t find anything.

I’ve noticed a lot of images not showing up in posts lately, and instead you get this small error image with a red X, like this:

5wfwTh4.jpg

If you quote the image, it actually shows up in the box where you write your post:

0iIgSId.jpg

But it seems when you actually post the quote, you just get the error again.

It looks like it’s happening with third party hosted images. I actually noticed it on an old post of mine (all my pics are hosted on Imgur). I also checked to see if it was happening just on my phone, but the same photos showed up as errors when I checked on my computer, too.

Is everyone else seeing these? Spark Spark any idea what’s going on here? I can provide links to examples if it helps. Thanks!

Same situation here as well, not always but too often;

Recently in this post

G2

Same here just now on the KA-BAR forum

Using Smugmug, got the Red X

I logged out of, and back into both here and smugmug , it didn't help.

What is really weird is when I click "EDIT" the photos show up as they should be, but when I click "SAVE" I get the Red X again.

Last edited:
I've been noticing this for the past few weeks, but came across it on an old thread, which was brought up again yesterday. All the photos are hosted in the same place, yet some still show, and some don't. The last time I saw this thread was a couple of weeks ago, and all the pics were showing then :rolleyes:

Just tried Imgur with the same syntax and it works.

Just linking from Smugmug doesn’t. Spark Spark ?

Also having trouble posting from a 3rd party site. Red X. I can see it when I Edit, but not when I Save.

Some sort of Cloud thing I guess.

I’ve seen the issue with Imgur posts, as well, at least on some older posts, like this one. It’s my post, so I know the images still exist on Imgur and should work, but about a third of them show up as the red X, while the other images in the same post show up just fine.

Back