LionSteel Shuffler

I think they thinned down the blades since the first release, my Shuffler was fairly thin, took a bit of time on my water stones but got her down to slicing very well now.
G2

Good to know, thanks Gary.

Didn't the inclusive angle changed since the first run? I'm a fan Tom! I considered both the white and the ebony but with 2 Roundheads and 2 Shufflers already I had to pass. How long does it take to re-profile an M390 blade?

About 2 1/2 hours spread out over 3 nights I think, including finishing sharpening it. I used a wicked edge system, first with the 100 grit stones and then raised the burr on both sides with the 200 grit. I wanted to be able to touch up the edge quickly on a Sharpmaker going forward, and it worked really well.

Last edited:
Didn't the inclusive angle changed since the first run? I'm a fan Tom! I considered both the white and the ebony but with 2 Roundheads and 2 Shufflers already I had to pass. How long does it take to re-profile an M390 blade?

It would depend on your system but on my KME I easily re profiled to 17 DPS then a 20 DPS micro in about an hour and a half.
That wasn't steady work, profiled with a 600 Silicon Carbide Stone then finished the micro bevel with an 800 diamond.

Mail call:
tumblr_pgnaea1f3s1sibzg9o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pgnaea1f3s1sibzg9o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_pgnaea1f3s1sibzg9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pgnaea1f3s1sibzg9o4_1280.jpg

Thanks! I am no expert sharpener but am learning. After putting the new edge on the half stop saved my fingers after getting careless with it :eek:
Yikes Tom! Glad the Shuffler has a half-stop! Your post is a good reminder of how important half-stops are.

It would depend on your system but on my KME I easily re profiled to 17 DPS then a 20 DPS micro in about an hour and a half.
That wasn't steady work, profiled with a 600 Silicon Carbide Stone then finished the micro bevel with an 800 diamond.
Thanks for the info Dean. An hour and a half isn't too much time to invest to have a truly sharp knife. One of these days I'll have to look into a quality sharpening system now that I have a few of the harder steels.

A question about these, are there 2 different color options for the metal part of the scales? In some pictures they look almost black?

Mine arrived today, very happy with them. Seems like these have a tighter pivot or pull, which I very much like, and they are thinner behind the edge than the previous run which I really like.

Looking good. I like this knife with the clip. I have one in polished stag and one in CF. I need me one of them bone micarta jobs :)

Back