LionSteel Shuffler

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by BenjaminRush, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Laurelbb

Laurelbb Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    I have all 3 of the 'Euro Barlow's', plus an Otnat, now I'm starting to think I need another Shuffler!

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  2. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    It came

[​IMG]

tmd_87, Dschal, Elgatodeacero and 7 others like this.
  3. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Got the same model. Careful, it has an amazing propensity to make you want more of the "modern vintage". And yes, I really like the Otnat in natural micarta that arrived this week also.

Will Power, Laurelbb and Rykjeklut like this.
  4. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    I can definitely see that. I originally wanted one in bone micarta, but it was sold out. The problem is that there's a ~50 buck import tax, in addition to the shipping. Might actually be a salvation.

5. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    Finally starting to see some new variations....

[​IMG]

6. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    That micarta looks 738% nicer than the first run. Well done.

HEMI 49, redsparrow and tmd_87 like this.
  7. Whetstone39

Whetstone39 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2013
    They look great Mike, the olive wood with anodized bolsters is especially tempting.

redsparrow likes this.
  8. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    GREAT MICARTA! I may need to get one of these! (again)

9. urbantrapper

urbantrapper

Dec 13, 2018
    I wonder if there will be options in the future to mix and match any handle, bolster, or blade style. Also I would like to see a smaller version. I love my roundhead.

10. khopesh

khopesh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Agree. Love my Roundhead and Dom. Would like to have option to buy package of scales and bolsters. Also a small size would be interesting.

urbantrapper likes this.
  11. Norcaldude

Norcaldude Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 19, 2014
    New Shufflers have "Blade and Bolsters are Damasteel Super Dense Steel".

Is this just for collectors really, those that like the appearance of Damascus? Are there other benefits to the steel? It seems like quite a price jump from M390 to this.

12. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero

Jan 5, 2014
    if additional scales were available in nice wood and new micarta colors like red and orange and blue, these would be even nicer and they are already really good.

one knife with quick change covers would be popular.

tmd_87 likes this.
  13. BenjaminRush

BenjaminRush Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Does anyone have photos of the new variations? I'd really love a damasteel one but the price is prohibitive, so I'm eyeing some of the other versions!

14. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    I would very much like to know where you got the sheath for that one... my ebony Shuffler will arrive on Monday. I was going to make a sheath, but that one looks really nice.

15. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks, that's one that I made, I make sheaths for folders, but need the folder in order to fit them up.
    You can email me at [email protected] if you need something made.
    G2

16. CasePeanut

CasePeanut Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2018
    I’ve always wanted to try one of these and now that there are more in stock I should order one while I still can. What covers to get: Rams Horn or Carbon Fiber?

17. hornetguy

hornetguy Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Well, the US postal service fooled me.... my knife arrived today. Initial reaction? What a great knife! Beautifully made, just borderline perfection. I'll shoot you an email to discuss possibilities.... I will likely still make one of my own, but I'm just getting started in making sheaths, so it might take several attempts to get anywhere nearly as nice as the one you made....

Laurelbb and tmd_87 like this.
  18. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
  19. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Aryan29, Buzzbait, Laurelbb and 3 others like this.
  20. Pjake

Pjake Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2011
    +1 on offering scale kits in different materials!! Would love the flexibility to change out the look of the knife....although doing that may cannabilize sales of knives. I have one in white micarta that I just can't warm up
    to. I'll either find replacement scales or sell it.

Gary, this is your second go around on this one no? BTW love your photography!
    Peter

Gary W. Graley likes this.