LionSteel Shuffler

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by BenjaminRush, Sep 10, 2017.

1. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Those are beautiful. Hard to get hold of on this side of the Atlantic though.

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  2. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    In the words of the late John Lennon, "it's easy if you try". We have dozens of international customers utilizing re-shippers to combine and customize shipments to save money and streamline shipments. But even better than that is a partner dealer in Germany that ships anywhere and has a full inventory.....

3. Pogonasong

Pogonasong Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Someone mentioned the gaps which are only noticable to me if I am looking for them. It's a great knife I ordered one a couple weeks back and really enjoy it! Honestly every gec I've had shows minor light points if I'm holding it up to a bright light to the point where I'm going to just assume it's completely normal...same with the J.E. made I bought at the same time (shuffler is cooler imo and still has a traditional charm to it.) Even my most recent purchases I've been meaning to post about show a tiny light if they're bone dry and they are both at a higher price. I'm learning it's more fun to enjoy my knives than pick them apart for any weakness....if you're looking you'll find something I'm convinced and I bet that's true for 1000.00 knives the same as 150.00.

4. WDJ

WDJ Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 13, 2018
    Thanks Mike. Have never really fancied reshipping, but will definitely look up the German dealer. Had better get my skates on before BREXIT!

5. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    I think they're worth the effort and good luck with the Brexit !
    G2

6. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    Fantastic knives! I ordered one in November and despite the fact that I’ve ordered a couple more modern folders since, the Shuffler has maintained its spot in my front right pocket.

7. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Exactly, for the money they have a great value, I couldn't bring myself to drop it in a pocket, but she rides along on the belt and makes herself handy, standing or sitting down ;)

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

8. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    I wanted a Shuffler since I first saw the Roundhead (of course they’ll do a “Roundhead with a clip”). That took a backseat to the 2018 forum knife.

But before getting one, I purchased a 2018 clip Huckleberry Boys Knife, 151118. That was the deal I made with myself in order to part with a bunch of 15s and TCs I never carried.

Finally got a Shuffler last month. Gary’s, @Gary W. Graley , old Bolus, and others, are so nice that they gave me pause, but I stuck with the Shuffler.

Few comparison pics between that 15 and Shuffler. Both terrific; of these two, the Shuffler has supplanted the 15 in the “single clip” category. A different 15 Beer Scout is also amongst my favorite and most carried.

E5D0533A-0181-43E2-93EE-726CFB1E23B3.jpeg 77027E5A-19EC-49E9-BA1B-C5F2E860905F.jpeg CB3DA7FE-7F15-48AD-9145-1FD4296E3538.jpeg 1A521846-8347-430C-9B52-A5E8E29A5A0A.jpeg 03FF6B3C-F11A-4C18-A370-23BF2026BE80.jpeg

9. blademan 13

blademan 13 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 25, 2000
    The Shuffler is a great knife. Comparisons to traditionally made slipjoints are mute IMHO. Apples to oranges. If you want a slipjoint that absolutely murders a conventional slipjoint in performance, buy a Shuffler. If you covet traditional materials, construction and performance, buy otherwise. Expressed very simply, there is nothing on the market currently that will match a Shuffler on a build quality/performance/cost ratio in a slipjoint knife. Not one. Not Case Bose, not GEC. Screw construction aside, if they were to pin these knives the potential gap would be greater. Are there better finished traditional knives? Yes. More traditional? Yes. Cheaper? Yes. Better performing? I doubt it.

10. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Yep. I was at first hesitant to go with the Shuffler due to these differences, but once I got one and started carrying it those differences were easily over looked; it really is apples to oranges.
    I stopped looking a the knife as a hybrid between a modern and traditional and started to see it as its own thing, and that's when its beauty came through.
    I love the Shuffler, and it took me by surprise when I fully realized just how great of a knife it is. Its amazing what you get for the relative low cost.

11. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014

I'm a fan of the Shuffler because of it's excellence!!

[​IMG]

jkwithawave, Lee D, Laurelbb and 8 others like this.
  12. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    A couple of photos taken today of my ebony one;

Here you can see that the edge bevel is fairly evenly done, nice job Lionsteel;

G2

jkwithawave, Lee D, Laurelbb and 8 others like this.
  13. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Carried mine today. My wife even commented on it :) This is problematic. Now I can't make up my mind between a Bolus Clipjack, Otnat, or a Roundhead for the next purchase. And the amazing thing, is that I was never very much into slip joints...

14. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
  15. Dean51

Dean51

Aug 30, 2014
    blademan 13, that is the best description of these knives I've heard. :thumbsup:

blademan 13 and HEMI 49 like this.
  16. Ironbut

Ironbut Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2016
    Just the other day I was looking at my Roundhead & thought that I really like this knife, and that I don't carry it enough; so I dropped it in my pocket. I prefer clip points, but passed on the Early Reserve of the Shufflers, and I've been trying to ignore this thread, but today I messed up & clicked on it. The result, as I knew it'd be, is that I ordered a Shuffler in CF.

I hate you guys!:)

NSBchef, jkwithawave, Lee D and 5 others like this.
  17. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Oddly enough, of the cover options available, my favorite is the bone micarta. Pictures just don't properly convey how nice these covers look, reminiscent of vintage piano keys. They have a depth to them, an extremely subtle texture, and look absurdly classy.

[​IMG]

18. Slim278

Slim278 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 24, 2016
    I have Gary's photos to thank for influencing me into this purchase. Carried it around a few days and decided it was a keeper so I sharpened it to my liking and and snapped this photo. I have never owned M390 I am excited to see how I like it.

[​IMG]

19. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Nice shot there, but, you can't blame my photos too much, as it's not hard to take nice photos of a pretty girl

:)
    G2
    Edited to add
    Oddly enough, I think I'll be posting my Shuffler and sheath up for sale, I think the blade shape is just not one that I really like using, I sure enough like looking at it ;) but in practicality I'm finding that I end up parting with folders that are like that, go figure!

G2

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  20. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    It's wet out there today. Good thing my traditional is stainless!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]