LionSteel Shuffler

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by BenjaminRush, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Thanks same with yours too, very cool.
    G2

2. urbantrapper

urbantrapper

Dec 13, 2018
    What is the factory edge angle on these barlows?

3. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    TFBraden, Fodderwing, jwb01 and 4 others like this.
  4. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    After seeing these, I just pulled the trigger on the carbon fiber Shuffler. This place is going to be the death of my bank account ;)

5. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Deep breath, it'll be fine, really, it'll be alright ;)
    G2

Fodderwing and waverave like this.
  6. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Thanks for the reassurance G2. I'm still pondering a GEC #97 Yellow Rose :eek:

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  7. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    I've found that getting too many in at the same time is detrimental to the overall experience, you end up trying to pick which one you like the most and then you have a red headed step-child to deal with, so, one at a time is the best program...
    :)
    at least in my experience anyways ;)
    G2

Dadpool, redsparrow, dman62 and 2 others like this.
  8. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Too late...with the addition of the Lion Steel, I have 5 inbound. A Case Peanut, two Case Mini Copperloccks, a GEC Northfield Pemberton, and the Lion Steel. I must be in my manic phase...

Oh, and don't forget the WTB in my signature :thumbsup:

9. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Saw this on Instagram and we all probably can relate, so I do not take credit for the photo, and I certainly do not have a stack like that ;) sure would make decisions easier though!

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

10. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    Absolutely! :D

11. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    I just discovered I can actually buy one of these beauties in Europe, so I've been reading this entire thread.

Good place to start if one is lusting for a modern traditional?

12. Buzzbait

Buzzbait Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2001
    IMHO, the Shuffler is the best place to start in modern traditionals.

13. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Absolutely. You can't really go wrong with the Shuffler, and its priced well IMO. As long as you don't mind gaps or the radius on the back spring and liners then I don't think you would be disappointed. I know some don't care for those parts of the design but they're not flaws, just different. I love mine and wouldn't hesitate to get another.

14. Dean51

Dean51

Aug 30, 2014
    Best barlow ever made and the radius back springs make it the most comfortable to use.
    You won't regret it.

15. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Sounds great, and kind of what I suspected. Now it's only a matter of choosing the model :rolleyes:

16. redsparrow

redsparrow Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Hope no one minds me slipping a Roundhead in with all these Shufflers.:confused::eek:;)

[​IMG]

17. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Compared to the other two Shufflers I have owned, this one has a much stronger spring, I would rate it a 6-7 where the last one was quite a light pull, my friend had it with him today at work and I'd put his about 3-4 or so, much lighter pull than say a SAK Pioneer main blade. He is quite happy with his, as he has little or no finger nails being a machinist...I suppose...and being a lighter pull is a benefit for him. While I do like this stronger one I just got.

I know that he'd like to get different scales for his, stag or even ebony as he liked the ones on my knife. I'm sure that would be a nice option to have available but if it were, having separate images for the stag, ram, even some of the woods would help buyers pull the trigger with less worry about what will arrive.

G2

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Dadpool, TFBraden, Fodderwing and 5 others like this.
  18. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    Carrying her about today, very handy size knife, doesn't scare the sheeple much if at all...

G2

19. stevekolt

Jan 9, 2007
    My carbon fiber model arrived today. Like the size, and great fit and finish. :thumbsup:

20. nyarlotep

nyarlotep

Mar 22, 2005
    I need to pull the trigger before these go out of stock. I almost missed out getting a Dom, and I really like this blade style too.