1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 41 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer Knives Nick Swan Matanzas , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Liu Kang (Dan Huang) - when is enough...well, enough?

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by on_the_edge, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Alex,
    I am sure many people here can understand your extreme frustration at keeping something like that inside, especially for so long. I know that I could never keep it under wraps that long. My point is that you are human, and as a human being, that something like that would "eat you up inside" is certainly foreseeable. The issue here is that we are dealing with someone who is narcissistic and probably somewhat of a sociopath. He does not feel empathy for anyone and so it's just another day for him. He is also a liar. Again, that is not normal, especially as among the folks who frequent BFC and the Busse sub-forum.

For the record, I will say that I certainly do not doubt one shred of your story. And I am sure I speak for many others here when I say that. Obviously Jerry and Kevin have a very significant amount of trust in you. I see absolutely no reason to let Dan Huang ruffle your feathers at all. HE is the LIAR, HE is the one who TAKES ADVANTAGE OF OTHERS, and HE is the one who SPAMS FS THEADS! Keep the faith, even if it is hard!

2. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Apr 26, 2007
    Sounds like he hasn't violated anything, so he stays. If the rules are black and white and none are broken then what is one to do...

3. j3jymann

j3jymann

Mar 6, 2008
    My only take on this is that it's quite obvious that nobody likes this guy on here, it seems like the owner of the site doesn't even care much for him so the only thing I can assume is that the money from his dealer membership is necessary to keep the site running.

I don't even donate here, but if that's the issue, I've got some extra cash in my paypal, I'll chip in 5 bucks if he gets banned from the site to help make up for his fees. I think if we all get 40 people together willing to contribute just 5 bucks for a liu kang free website then maybe we'll be able to get past the monetary setbacks. Because I see no other possible reason why this guy is being kept around.

Will you chip in to cover his membership fees?

4. Planterz

Planterz Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Douchebaggery aside, LK doesn't belong on Bladeforums. He has been abusing the Exchange from the first day he set up shop here. First he lied about being a dealer. Shoulda been banned right then and there, in my opinion and in many others'. Many dealers/website owners/knifemakers/etc have been banned over the years for trying to hawk their wares without the proper subscription. Presumably LK wasn't banned right then and there and was allowed to stay because he finally agreed to pony up for the Dealer membership. But it still doesn't change the fact that he flat-out lied and took advantage of Bladeforums, Spark, and all the members who paid for the privilege to sell here.

The problem with LK is that he has outgrown BFC (perhaps he never fit in the first place), and BFC has become his personal storefront. LK is in a different league than any of the Dealers here on BFC. The actual dealers have their own websites--and an actual physical store where you can walk in and browse. When you look at their posts in the Dealer's section, they're almost all basically notifications of new arrivals of anticipated knives, or notifications of restock. They're not a list of every motherloving knife they have in inventory.

Then there's the few dealers who meet the BFC definition of "dealer" because they're flippers. Most deal almost exclusively in Bussekin. They're not dealers for Busse (as previously explained), but since they buy and resell at profit, they fit BFC's definition. It's because of this fuzzy definition that Dealers are allowed to sell Bussekin in the Individual section of the Bussekin forum (but not allowed to sell non-Bussekin outside the Dealer forum).

The problem with this, and LK, is that the Exchange was never meant for someone who sells as many knives through BFC as LK does. We were forced to enact and follow new rules/regulations just to try and keep things on an even keel, and LK abused those, and then more rules were made (keyword spamming, for example). Even then, LK doesn't fit at BFC. The problem is knowing where to draw the line on how much stuff a dealer should be allowed to have listed for sale at any given time. And the vague general consensus seems to be that "too much" is however much LK has listed at any given time. And if a new rule limiting number of sale listings, however many that may be, it's yet one more rule to try to fit in a Dealer who never fit here in the first place. He needs to set up his own website and stop abusing BFC and Spark's good graces.

And speaking of keyword spamming, how does this look to the mods?

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...enchmade-Gold-Series-BM940-Extrema-Ratio-ESEE

LK's Dealer thread made 2 days ago advertising Benchmade Gold Series and BM940, neither of which he actually has listed in that thread.

3.1.5. DO NOT SPAM KEYWORDS. Items listed in the ad must actually be for sale in that ad and that ad ONLY. This isn't ebay or craigslist - If you spam keywords trying to increase the visibility of your ad(s), your ad will be deleted and your account will be locked.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  5. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
  6. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck... :)

I'm going to go WAY OUT ;) on a limb here and say that is keyword spamming! Do I win?

7. Infi-del

Infi-del

Apr 6, 2009
    Craziness, you can get banned here for having a meltdown and cursing out the mods... yet years of lies, dirty business practices, taking advantage of veterans, abuse of the rules, and being a cancer on the community in general is ok as long as you're polite about it. I love this place... but I hate that it tolerates the likes of Liu Kang.

8. Planterz

Mar 26, 2004
    I did.

And actually it looks like it was a relisting from a month or so before, which did have a BM Gold Class knife still for sale. However, you have to go back to January to find the BM940 listed (where, interestingly, it's listed as "Sold" without an edit or prior listing). Granted, this was prior to the Keyword Spamming rule was added in May, but there have been 3 relistings since then.

Oversight? Honest mistake? Perhaps. Deliberate? At this point I wouldn't be surprised either way.

9. Liu Kang

Liu Kang Banned BANNED

Jul 20, 2007
    Let me start by saying that I am sorry for handling some things the way that I have handled them. We all make mistakes. And yes I've made some. There are things I could have handled better, but most of that was in the past and I believe that I have learned from my mistakes. I have come to understand the sense of community here at Bladeforums and know that a lot of people are worked up because they feel that I've treated their friends poorly. It was never my intention to do so.

I have made a lot of friends along the way but seem to have also made some enemies. To those who feel that I should have handled things differently, please contact me and I will do my best to make it right with you.

If I have any existing transactions going on with anyone here, I will of course honor them and anyone can still feel free to email for anything.

I am leaving Bladeforums. I will not be posting on any of the forums. I hope to be welcomed back someday.

Sincerely,

Dan Huang

10. Skimo

Skimo

Mar 28, 2009
    Wish I could say I'm sad to see you go.

11. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    Good riddance.

12. Seanifred

Seanifred

Sep 3, 2010
    fade to black...

13. cosmophonic12

cosmophonic12

Jan 2, 2009
    :d

yes!!

14. GregS

GregS

May 6, 2008
    Some facts, I purchased an un-used .22" Game Warden for $215 from a member here a couple of years ago. Upon receiving the knife I realized it wasn't what I was looking for. A year or so later I needed to fund another project so I listed it for sale here, on The Busse Exchange. I listed it in this thread http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/764601-Game-Wardens... for what I felt was a fair price at the time. Liu Kang posted in my thread that he would take it. After posting his "I'll Take it" he started the behind the scenes low balling, asking me if I would lower the price by allowing him to send the money via Paypal as a gift. He then asked me to remove my prices from my ad, both requests were ignored and he sent the money anyways. The knife was received, I was mildly annoyed but positive feedback was exchanged because he followed through on his end. What really disturbed me was seeing my knife listed for $315 shortly there after, plus 5% :)rolleyes:) for Paypal and whatever shipping and handling fees he charges his buyers. I dug up the old ad but of course the prices have been removed.

So the long and the short of it is he lowballed me on a knife knowing full well he was going to turn around and immediately mark it up to make a 50%+ profit. No bueno.

15. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    Close this dowwn, lock it up.......If Dan is a man of his word we will not hear from him again

16. Planterz

Mar 26, 2004
    [youtube]MBfYQOSSPqc[/youtube]

17. TUF

TUF

Dec 2, 2007
    How do you make it right when a price is agreed upon and then you decide that you actually need $300 more than the advertised price?

Seriously what would make that right?

18. 230grains

230grains

Jul 10, 2009
    Look for Johnny Cage to register with a bunch of Busses for sale at 400% mark up.

19. BlackNinja

BlackNinja

Nov 9, 2005
    ROTFLMAO!!! :D I can't help it... that is funny as hell! I accidently spit on my pc screen from laughing when I saw/heard the cat! :D:D

20. 230grains

230grains

Jul 10, 2009
    Also, who wrote that letter for you? Your handler? It did not exactly sound like you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.