Logo Etching for INFI, need help please

I am going to try this on my Boom Parang when she arrives!

All these photos just look too awesome... Nice work everybody!

I've been on the fence to strip this one for a while , did the etching today but still not ready to dunk it in the goop.
IOapkhE.jpg

tHBM0xT.jpg

UBinHOR.jpg

That's one I don't think I could strip. The burnt bronze just looks so good as it's worn away.

I had two of those bad boys from BladeShow and regret letting them go.

I've been on the fence to strip this one for a while , did the etching today but still not ready to dunk it in the goop.
IOapkhE.jpg

tHBM0xT.jpg

UBinHOR.jpg

even without stripping it, you really made the logo pop. I like the looks of the etching. I got all the pieces together. Also I found a brand new Condor power supply in a box of extra parts from a job many years ago when when were putting new machine in Wixom Assembly before they idled that place. Its new in the box so I am going to try and make an electrical etcher from it.

I just started etching today with the 9 volt battery. How many q tips do you guys go through on average? I've been using both sides and really only get a good 20 seconds per end. After 5 it looked good but now I'm about 9 in. I know ppl said to go deep but also too deep and it loses it logo. How many do you guys go through on average? Thanks for the info.

IOapkhE.jpg

tHBM0xT.jpg

UBinHOR.jpg

You know, that looks damn good as is, that worn garthbronze coating looks amazing that way. And with that prominent edge, you got nice bare metal for contrast. Glad Im not making the choice to strip or not :D

How many q tips do you guys go through on average?

I've done 3 blades, 2 SR101, 1 INFI. I used 3 9v batts in series each time and went through both ends of 5-6 Q-tips. I'd expect the batteries to last a while if you're not using them for anything else.

By series do you mean that all 3 are essentially tied into the knife/ q tip? What's the reasoning for this? If it's a series it would still only be 9 volts going to the q tip right? Would parellel turn that into 27 volts? Or do you mean that you just went 3 batteries so pretty much one battery per blade? Sorry I haven't done electric
In years and usually know enough to know I shouldn't be doing electric.

You know, that looks damn good as is, that worn garthbronze coating looks amazing that way. And with that prominent edge, you got nice bare metal for contrast. Glad Im not making the choice to strip or not :D

^ What he said.

Im really digging that user Lex.

By series do you mean that all 3 are essentially tied into the knife/ q tip? What's the reasoning for this? If it's a series it would still only be 9 volts going to the q tip right? Would parellel turn that into 27 volts? Or do you mean that you just went 3 batteries so pretty much one battery per blade? Sorry I haven't done electric
In years and usually know enough to know I shouldn't be doing electric.

I mean like this, only with 3:
wjjh5i.jpg

I have a bunch of 9 volts because I also played with anodizing titanium with them. Each battery you add ups the voltage and changes the color of the ti. One was bronze, two was purple, three was blue, etc... (iirc on the order.)

Eta: For the etching, I had read someone say one 9v was really slow, so I tried three and was happy with the results, then just stuck with it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I forgot that you can change colors by that. I have a ZT that was bronzed. The ability to anodize to different colors is sweet.

Back