Lookin for 4" Fixed blade with NO choil

I recommend you one those Enzo Trappers, 01 steel, micarta handles, scandi edge and the thickness you need. You cannot go wrong. I hope it helps.

I love ESEEs, but I sure wish they offered their knifes in a choiless version--and I even like choils for certain uses.

ooops, messed up. see post below:D Sorry the pics didn't erase for some reason so my bad for the double posting

Attachments

• IMAG1040.jpg
    IMAG1040.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG1039.jpg
    IMAG1039.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMAG1038.jpg
    IMAG1038.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG1034.jpg
    IMAG1034.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG1033.jpg
    IMAG1033.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I have a 4" hunter/bush knife from Martin Knives of texas called the Varmint hunter. Specs are 4"x1/8" thick 1095 blade and simple walnut handles(I know you said you wanted G10/Micarta) but I just hought I'd throw it out there. Here's some crappy pics of it. If you like it Pm/email me for more info.
IMAG1032.jpgIMAG1040.jpgIMAG1038.jpgIMAG1037.jpgIMAG1035.jpg

Might I suggest you talk to Bryan Breeden? Here's a knife he made for me a couple of years ago and it's one of my most used knives when out in the woods. If I recall correctly it's 5/32" thick O-1, just a shade over a 4" handle. Very comfy.
Breeden1.png

Take a look at the Bushcraft Northwest 01. Available in 5/32" or 1/8" 01 steel. Sort of a Mora on steriods.

Man , I start off thinking my choices were extremely limited... to knife sensory overload....I never looked in the knifemaker for sale section before, I will have keep an eye out or talk to one of the makers. Seems like you can just possibly get one exactly how you want and not really have to settle that way.

I would also suggest Alan Davis (aland on here). Great custom maker I found on here last year, and now have 8 knives by. He usually uses natural handle materials, but does use G10, so I'm pretty sure micarta is doable. Great prices and a pleasure to deal with.

I hate choils too.

bryan breeden kephart or jk kephart. both would be great choices and should be pretty close to your price range

One of Ray Laconico's Bushcraft knives would be just about perfect.

I really like his designs. Very functional and classy. You may also be able to find a production Fiddleback Forge Recluse or score one on the secondary market. It's a nice bushcraft/woods knife.

I have these:

Fallkniven F1 - 3.8 inches
BRKT Bravo-1 - 4.25 inches
Fiddleback Forge Production Recluse - 4 inches
BRKT Gunny - 3.775 inches

Choils...no choils....depends on what you like. Some of them serve a purpose....some don't. I have a customer that demands a full finger choil on his knives...I am like..'whatever'...pay me and you can get it. I do like to be able to sharpen my knives all the way on the edge rather than having a point where there is not a defined area of a cutting edge when there is no longer an edge.

Back