Looking at options

BP_

Platinum Member
I find it difficult to find a solid lineup of all the Busse knives available for purchase, complete with pictures and stats. So, I come to my fellow forumites for help. Is there a direction one could point me to this information? If not, what are my options in the 3" blade range? Could go up to 3.5" I suppose, but this one would be used for EDC so I dont want it too big. Thanks in advance!

Busse collector and bad mojo are the only ones I know of. Hope it helps.

Busse Collector losts the stats for most models.

For a 3" blade, you'd prbably be looking for a Game Warden. They're not currently in production, o you'd have top heck the Echane.

Keep an eye out here for the specs on the Park Ranger, to be released Wednesday. It'll be somewhat bigger than a Game Warden, but still suiable for EDC. Jerry will probably be posting pics and specs today or tomorrow.

he Active Duty is another one to look at in the 3.5" range. But again, they're not currently in producution, so you'd have to check the Exchange.

I find it difficult to find a solid lineup of all the Busse knives available for purchase, complete with pictures and stats. So, I come to my fellow forumites for help. Is there a direction one could point me to this information? If not, what are my options in the 3" blade range? Could go up to 3.5" I suppose, but this one would be used for EDC so I dont want it too big. Thanks in advance!
That is exactly what we are waiting for... The next release in OP2WP2 should be right up your alley.

Park Ranger (4" blade) coming up next, pics up now. Though it should be today, and available for purchase on Wednesday.

Edited my content for corrections now that the info was made available by Jerry.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! It seems as if I began my inquiry at the right time? I guess that is relative. But, it sounds like there are some good ones coming out. I'll have to check on the ones mentioned. I'm sold on Busse, so I thought it would be appropriate to carry and use the crap out of the first one I get :rolleyes:

ETA - I also don't have a heck of a lot to spend, so I figured keeping it to a smaller knife would really help a poor mans meager budget :)

Last edited:
Good time to get into Busse, but if you think you are a poor man now, you better hide your wallet!

Reactions: BP_
... Is there a direction one could point me to this information? If not, what are my options in the 3" blade range? Could go up to 3.5" I suppose, but this one would be used for EDC so I don't want it too big. Thanks in advance!
Keep an eye on busseknives.com – along with Busse, it also has Scrap Yard and Swamp Rat knives (look at "Shop Now"/"Shop Knives" under each brand for models currently available). Also watch this forum for "Ganza" sale announcements (hint: the knives usually are limited in number and sell very quickly, so be ready to send your buy request email literally the second they go on sale). The O2W sales feature new models that are not so limited in number, but they still sell out in a few days at most.

For smaller knives, you might want to consider the Anniversary Mean Street (AMS), Cultellus, and Steak Knife (3.5" version). You are most likely to find the AMS available before the other two. Highlights:
- AMS - .155" thick INFI, full height flat ground blade
- Cultellus - .125" thick INFI, full height flat ground blade
- Steak Knife - .090" thick Elmax steel, hollow ground – it is one heck of a slicer!
All 3 are real close to the same size, with about a 3.5" blade length. Attached are 2 photos (neither photo is mine, I likely saved them from BF).

For out-of-production models, the "Busse / Swamp Rat / Scrapyard Knives For Sale" BF forum (also referred to as the Exchange) is generally the best place to find them. You might also find some on eBay, BUT BEWARE OF SCALPERS AND FAKE BUSSE KNIVES ON EBAY! Even on the Exchange, know what is a fair price before saying "I'll take it". Enjoy the hunt!

Attachments

• AMS_Steak Knife1.jpg
    AMS_Steak Knife1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Culti_SteakKnife3.5.jpg
    Culti_SteakKnife3.5.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 33
Keep an eye on busseknives.com – along with Busse, it also has Scrap Yard and Swamp Rat knives (look at "Shop Now"/"Shop Knives" under each brand for models currently available). Also watch this forum for "Ganza" sale announcements (hint: the knives usually are limited in number and sell very quickly, so be ready to send your buy request email literally the second they go on sale). The O2W sales feature new models that are not so limited in number, but they still sell out in a few days at most.

For smaller knives, you might want to consider the Anniversary Mean Street (AMS), Cultellus, and Steak Knife (3.5" version). You are most likely to find the AMS available before the other two. Highlights:
- AMS - .155" thick INFI, full height flat ground blade
- Cultellus - .125" thick INFI, full height flat ground blade
- Steak Knife - .090" thick Elmax steel, hollow ground – it is one heck of a slicer!
All 3 are real close to the same size, with about a 3.5" blade length. Attached are 2 photos (neither photo is mine, I likely saved them from BF).

For out-of-production models, the "Busse / Swamp Rat / Scrapyard Knives For Sale" BF forum (also referred to as the Exchange) is generally the best place to find them. You might also find some on eBay, BUT BEWARE OF SCALPERS AND FAKE BUSSE KNIVES ON EBAY! Even on the Exchange, know what is a fair price before saying "I'll take it". Enjoy the hunt!

Thank you very much for the info. I've got my eye on several at this point, I think the hardest part is going to be narrowing it down to the first "one!" :D

I am really liking the GW. I made my way over to the PR thread.. that thing is awesome. I'm afraid it would be a little too big for me to EDC, but man, she's pretty :rolleyes:
I'm also excited to see that 3.5" slicer, but I'm starting to think a GW in INFI would be a pretty bad@$$ tool to carry, and a good first Busse. I haven't found anything else in that size range, but you guys have definitely put me on the right path. :):thumbsup:

You can POST in the "Wanted to Buy" (WTB) section of the forum if you are sure you want a GW....BUT be ready to step up they are bringing a hefty price...easily $100 more than a new Park Ranger in Satin!!!! Good Luck on your Grail Quest:thumbsup:

You can POST in the "Wanted to Buy" (WTB) section of the forum if you are sure you want a GW....BUT be ready to step up they are bringing a hefty price...easily $100 more than a new Park Ranger in Satin!!!! Good Luck on your Grail Quest:thumbsup:

Oh wow, really? Is it because they're that freakishly awesome, or just because they're out of production? Or perhaps both :D I imagine they all hold value, while some/most may even increase to a certain extent.. but I'm looking for one I can use, so I guess we'll see what happens! ;)

All of the above...They were a BIG HIT when introduced!!! One forum member purchased 27 at the first offering and that has stuck with him and his HOG name....I have not seen one in the EXCHANGE in quite a while not to say one won't come up BUT it's going to be over $4 Benjamins most likely...There are serious collectors not willing to break up those collections...:(

Yeah, wardens are keepers for sure. Im never letting my fatty go, I still remember how heavy the small priority box felt when it was delivered, for a second I thought it was ground from a slab of palladium :D

If you don't mind considering -kin, I'm a big fan of the Rodent 3...and, if you can go a little bigger, the Rodent Solution.
yBu97Qm.jpg

I still have to take down the waves and ridges on the 3; and at least reduce the shoulders, if not outright make it a convex edge. If only I had more time...
(maybe next week)

Last edited:
Wooooooo! I had no idea! That's actually pretty awesome :D

Ok so I may not want to drop 4 bennies on one right now, especially my very first, but I'm still going to be on the lookout. The exchange sounds better and better each moment! :D:po_O

Some other EDC options...
1. Battle Grade Active Duty $160 ish
2. Battle Grade Trail Scalpel $160 ish
3 Satin Trail Scalpel Around $300
4 Magnum Bear Cub Under $200

I`m guessing the prices, but they should be fairly accurate. If not, I`m sure someone can correct me. 004.JPG

Reactions: BP_
Some other EDC options...
1. Battle Grade Active Duty $160 ish
2. Battle Grade Trail Scalpel $160 ish
3 Satin Trail Scalpel Around $300
4 Magnum Bear Cub Under $200

I`m guessing the prices, but they should be fairly accurate. If not, I`m sure someone can correct me. View attachment 767657

I like the looks (and the price) of the Battle Grade Active Duty. I also really like that Magnum Bear Cub. I think they are in the ballpark as far as price and size. Number 1 over number 4. Thank you for the reference picture as well, that really helps a lot.

You won't be disappointed with an AD...about as close to a GW as you can get. Handle is a little different but the ERGO's are excellent and carry's "Small" for it's size and you will have better luck finding one on the exchange...Prices vary

I have a CS R3 and I'm liking a bigger handle and little bigger blade cause it's not far from "keychain dangler" status.

Back