Looking for titanium framelock for $200.00

I would like something similar in size/type to a large Sebenza. (Not ready to take that jump yet.)

ZT 0550 is fairly close in length to a large sebenza, it may not be the same style but it's still a fantastic knife.

ZT0550.jpg

ZT0550lockup.jpg

I EDC a Sage 2 for office use quite a bit and it is a great knife. Blade shape is not really Sebenza like. The FFG does slice very well though. The wire clip is also a plus as it is easy on the pocket. I do have two large and two small Sebenzas that also see use. I would say that the Sage 2 is in between a large and small.

I also have a new ZT 0550 which is a different animal. Big, chunky, and more of a hard use type of knife. Despite the size and weight it does carry pretty well. I find that I carry it almost every single weekend since I have no problems beating on it when doing yard work.

Its not quite $200 dollars, but I really like the Protech TR-3 Manual Integrity folding knife. They generally run about $250, but Protech makes a really nice knife.

protech-7701-tr-3-manual-integrity-folder.jpg

I also really like the Sage 2, but the size on that one is a little smaller than what you said you are looking for.

Yeah the Alias I is a nice knife. I like that one as well.

If the size isn't too small the Leafstorm is very nice. It makes an attractive Sunday, go to meeting knife.

jwh

Like others have said, in terms of design (stonewashed S30V/S35VN blade, blasted Ti handles, etc.), the Bradley Alias I is the closest thing to a Large Sebenza at the $200 price point. The Alias I is a good knife, but if my only aim was to get the best Ti framelock I could for $200 (disregarding similarity to the Sebbie), I'd take another knife that's already been mentioned -- the ZT 0550 -- instead.

I hate to be the one to say it because I know people get tired of hearing it but save the money and get a small sebenza or a large sebenza. I was always a skeptic too and said I would never spend that kind of money on a knife, and then I did and Ive never looked back. The alias has a very tiny sweet spot to get the knife to open smooth and be rock solid, but a sebenza is a ROCK no matter what. As for the zt's they are sweet too. Its your decision but IMO take the leap.

That 550 is a nice looking knife. I just dont know; I may just save a little more. Funny thing is I was cleaning out my dresser a little while ago and found $60.00 in a 3 year old birthday card. A little more towards the fund....

Here's Some Good Options. Some Have Been Said, Others Haven't.
Boker Jens Anso Haddock
Boker Jens Anso 67
Spyderco Chokwe
Spyderco Sage 2
Bradley Alias 1
ZT 0550
Benchmade 790 Subrosa
Benchmade 760 LFTi
Benchmade 750 Pinnacle
DPX H.E.S.T. Folder 2.0
Spyderco Military Titanium

Also, Not Sure Of Cost... But The A.G. Russell Acies Seems Really Nice!

I'll second the Protech TR3. One of the better titanium frame locks I've handled. Great size for an EDC folder too. I think it
beats out the Alias but below Sebenza tolerances. Only criticism I have of it is it has a pretty weak detent.

Last edited:
I personally have experience with ZT knives and highly recommend them. They have the same materials as the high end knives ( S30V Blades, G10 Scales, Ti Framelock ) without the high price tag. Plus they give you that CRK/Hinderer Feel. Just doesn't get any better than that.

Back