Lynn Griffith Forum Knife 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, c'mon all, let it die. Everything that is gonna be said, has been said. It's getting pathetic now. I'm not on any side, except for not really caring for group mentality thing, but it's starting to sound like Knifeforums'98 or recknives around here.

I missed the first 2 posts in this thread and I really don't care what they said! As good or as bad as those 2 posts may have been I don't think that they warrant what has taken place in this thread. Certain posts in the first page set the tone of this thread. And I'm surprised (actually disgusted).

Personally speaking, this thing has been handled inappropriately ~ from posters thru moderators!
mad.gif

<font size="4" color="#FF0000">Remember ~ we're knife knut's! And we should act accordingly!</font>

It always seems funny to me that people who don't like a thread like this one feel the need to post in itand keep reading it even after they have bit ched about it.
Very wierd
smile.gif

Yep, after speaking with you I agreed that 225 and the other prices you listed would be reasonable prices. I figured everything you told me about the time invested and other factors of making them were accurate, and that your process for making knives was average. As I stated, I have since done alot of learning and speaking with others much more knowledgable than myself. Knowing what I know now, and learning much from reading and speaking with makers and users, and examining others work, I have since come to the conclusion that the info I had at the time was quite limited. Way to many people I have spoken with, who know how it works have stated that 14 hours or so to make one of your blades is most unreasonable, that time was stated by you. The time to hand rub the blades for an additional 8 hours was also questioned, and thought to be way out of the norm. Therefor, the Patrolman I had with the satin finish would have taken 22 hours to make? As I said, most of my knowledge about customs, and why yours were supposed to be better came from you, and I listened to you only, while ignoring advise from alot of other people who tried to educate me.

I also said many good things about your knives. Many of my posts were at your request. Asking or 'suggesting' to go say something on bladeforums, and 'suggesting' to find a good post and bring it back to the top, and the fact that I actually would do the posts at your urging was questionable on both our parts. I have yet to have another maker whose work I have ask me to do a good review, or go find good posts about them and BTTT. I can say though, that the good merits of your knives are true, handle comfort, overall design and usefulness of the finished product are good, but 'suggesting' to write that, saying to keep the post alive as long as possible is not acceptable, either on your part for asking, or my part for doing.

Asking me to limit the pics I posted was also offensive now that I think about it. I did one picture of a Patrolman I think, with the back side of the kydex sheath showing. At the time you were using fasteners where one side looked like spokes sticking out (dont know what they are called) and was told by you to not photograph that side anymore as some maybe put off from ordering if they were seen, and that they would be more likely to accept the sheath that way once they had ordered the knife and took delivery.

I was moderator of your forum for some time, and I saw so many posts deleted that were not 100% positive. Forums have negative things on them, IMO it is not proper to delete something just because it doesnt put you in the most positive light, although its your forum, so I suppose you can do that. IMO your ego gos everywhere from your knifemaing to you personally. Asking my 13 year old daughter 'Im cute, arent I ? " or asking me "dont you think its cool to know a fairly famous maker like me? " should probably have made me think twice then, but it didnt. I was to busy listening to you rave about why your knives were worth more than Dozier, Livesay, and others. I believed it and therefore didnt pay much attention to other makers, that was my fault...as the old saying gos 'theres one born every minute', guess I was one of them.

Yep, I told you what was said in the chat room, no secret there, I told everybody in the chat room how you found out, although they pretty much knew that already. This came at the time you said Ed Halligan and CRKT ripped off the Sniper design from you. When you told me the details of why you thought that, I thought it was all true, and I blasted Tim and Kit and all others that questioned you. I finally listened to reason and knew discovered that CRKT did not rip off your design, and for you to accuse them otherwise, and for me to back you on that from your word alone is again, questionable on both our parts. But, thats not the only design you feel was stolen is it? Thats the one you went public with though. So the revelation that I told you what was said in chat is old news, and is even printed by me in another old post somewhere. Telling him your first name, tasteless joke, my apologies, but I know you and Tim spoke, he told me he called you, or you called him, I dont remember.

Yes, I sold my collection quite fast, at a very considerable loss. We know where the blue one went. The other satin finished one with the white handle I gave to a friend of mine. The rest were sold in pakage deals at far less than what they cost, but, that person wanted the knives, and I wanted to sell them, done deal.

I seem to have idolized you as a maker, taking as gosphel everything you told me about your knives and their quality and manufacture, and I also took literally the bad points of other makers knives you voiced without really taking the time to learn for myself, my bad.

This post seems to have somehwat gotten into the subject of your knife values, so right or wrong, I commented. You want to get into yours and Tims phone conversation to re-hash the old chat room fiasco, which is public knowledge anyways, fine, I can do that too.

Anything else?

------------------
Richard
icq 61363141
Just some knife pictures
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=110070&a=4518795
UPDATED and REVISED

Sorry I have been in the hospital this weekend. I would not have let this get out of hand as it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back