M4 940

Nakedtech

Gold Member
The latest bladehq video gave a small sneak peek that an m4 blade with natural g10 scales is coming........

Isn't the M4/natural combo a Spydie-exclusive thing or just a BladeHQ thing?

Isn't the M4/natural combo a Spydie-exclusive thing or just a BladeHQ thing?

Blade HQ uses m4/jade combos for their exclusives. Distributors don’t limit configurations to particular makers either, as you’ll see DLT running exclusives in red G10 with multiple makers.

I recently started getting into the 940 series, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it took me so long. An M4 version would be nice for sure. I have even set aside my Bugout's for a while due to the 940 taking all my pocket time.

TXPO

Black blade on jade body looks goood.

Benchmade-M4-940-Osborne-AXIS-Lock-Natural-G-10-Black-BHQ-114142-jr-large.jpg

Doesn't look too bad honestly. Too often they put transparent colors on knives where the liners showing through just looks trashy. Can't see much here. The black blade and hardware goes well, too.

I hate jade G10 and the 940 is ground too thick for me these days.

I don't understand why BM feels the need to coat all their M4 blades. Yes, I know it's a BHQ exclusive, but, the Super Phreak. That would have looked so much better without the coating. I know I'm not the only one, guess we don't number enough.
M4 will rust very easily, even from the sweat from your body. So It's hard for me to see why you would not coat them for extra corrosion resistance, unless you are in the forced patina camp.. Which is not my cup of tea.

My plan at this point is to do a scale swap with my 940-2 and have a completely blacked out 940.

TXPO

Does'nt BHQ usually relase a clear coated M4 blade at the same time?

Not always - sometimes it comes later. It won't with this one though because Benchmade will not release an uncoated M4 blade. Spyderco does but BM will not.

FWIW, I was speaking with someone at Benchmade, that may have eluded to the fact the 940 might show up in the customizer. Nothing was said past that. If so, I would suspect, the blade steel options, would at least be S30, 20CV, and M4. They might throw S90 and possibly Damasteel as well. Time will tell.

TXPO

A month or two in my experience, however, lately due to the obvious manufacturing delays brought upon us,
could be up to 6 months or more.

Back