**MAIL CALL**- traditionals

Let's see the latest that the postman brought you.
Nothing better than the mailman bringing a package you've been waiting on. When you get a knife delivered and feel the need to post a photo of it right away, feel free to post it here in this thread for us all to enjoy!
Thanks!

Here's my Saturday "Mail call". A spare 14 in Dead Skunk acrylic. Huge thanks to @Leslie Tomville . The new one, on the bottom, has much more white and black than my previous example, which is mostly red. I love them both and am glad to have 2 that are slightly different.
O0dwXO5.jpg

FQ2JEt0.jpg

Nice thread idea Mark, and congratulations on that colourful #14, very nice indeed :) :thumbsup:

As most regulars know, Randy @r redden has really had a lot on his plate lately, but he's still always reaching out to folks :) I received this handsome Case Barlow from Randy last week, accompanied by a great book full of beautiful photographs :) What a gent :) :thumbsup:

2JOUytH.jpg

My mailbox has been pretty busy lately. Newest arrivals are the Imacasa Bolo and the Martindale Golok. The bolo looks promising. The Martindale looks cool and feels great in the hand, but so far doesn’t cut for beans, although it is still a bit early for the tender greenery which might suit it better.

A couple of weeks ago, I binged lightly on bare tang knives. I already had the mini Skrama on order when I got my first exposure to the Baryonyx Grimalkin. . ”Why not?”, i supposed. Surely one or the other would be something a guy could carry in his pocket. The Grimalkin came with a rudimentary sheath. The Skrama got an inner tube handle and a close-fitting pocket sheath fashiond from a yogurt tub and some Gorilla Tape.

The Russell sheep skinner is headed for the kitchen.

B9936FA8-8A2C-4053-9FCC-186A527727BC.jpeg 4D206B34-D1A0-4841-911D-4C055440BA72.jpeg C53F4CFD-20D1-4123-82DC-7AC82997D02C.jpeg CF849D45-28E2-42D6-AFA8-21801240A552.jpeg 2C461EA1-DC7E-4666-BD40-EA3240ABF75A.jpeg

Pardon my excitement. Just got my custom order in from Charlie Bell. For the record simply the best custom maker I've ever had the pleasure of commissioning a knife from. Extremely fast turnaround, very communicative along the way. Criminally low pricing and builds a top shelf folder in terms of fit, finish and materials! Here's my scaled down backpocket. 3.75" closed length, CPM154 steel. 410ss backpring and hardware with Jackson's Rocket shield and a gorgeous Black / Cranberry crosscut micarta from Unique Micarta. Not the best pics, sorry.
20190506_124519.jpg

20190506_124528.jpg

My mailbox has been pretty busy lately. Newest arrivals are the Imacasa Bolo and the Martindale Golok. The bolo looks promising. The Martindale looks cool and feels great in the hand, but so far doesn’t cut for beans, although it is still a bit early for the tender greenery which might suit it better.

A couple of weeks ago, I binged lightly on bare tang knives. I already had the mini Skrama on order when I got my first exposure to the Baryonyx Grimalkin. . ”Why not?”, i supposed. Surely one or the other would be something a guy could carry in his pocket. The Grimalkin came with a rudimentary sheath. The Skrama got an inner tube handle and a close-fitting pocket sheath fashiond from a yogurt tub and some Gorilla Tape.

View attachment 1123661 View attachment 1123662 View attachment 1123663 View attachment 1123664 View attachment 1123665

Interesting choices Henry :) I got a Mini-Skrama in the mail last week, got it in my pocket right now (in the stock sheath) :thumbsup:

nhhom9E.jpg

Pardon my excitement. Just got my custom order in from Charlie Bell. For the record simply the best custom maker I've ever had the pleasure of commissioning a knife from. Extremely fast turnaround, very communicative along the way. Criminally low pricing and builds a top shelf folder in terms of fit, finish and materials! Here's my scaled down backpocket. 3.75" closed length, CPM154 steel. 410ss backpring and hardware with Jackson's Rocket shield and a gorgeous Black / Cranberry crosscut micarta from Unique Micarta. Not the best pics, sorry.
View attachment 1123735

View attachment 1123736

Very nice indeed :) :thumbsup:

I just got this in. Classic old Winchester, with classic outgassing cell on it. Blades are decent, may need repair to the liners though, LOL.

View attachment 1123768
View attachment 1123769
View attachment 1123770

Can't wait to see what you do with that one! :) :thumbsup:

I was finally able to score one of these... CHEAP!
I've been wanting a Schrade liner lock trapper for a while. When I saw this one with a scrimshaw trout, I couldn't pass it up.

Congratulations John :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who posted above; lots of intriguing new arrivals!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

But I have an "etiquette" question. I'm hoping to acquire some new knives soon, and like the idea of sharing on The Porch my excitement over their arrival. :rolleyes: But now I'm not clear about the best place to do that. I've always used the "Your newest addition" thread in the past: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/your-newest-addition-traditionals-of-course.1167349/
Going forward should I use this "Mail Call" thread, or the "newest addition" thread, or both?? What is the main difference between the threads?

Thanks for helping me out! :thumbsup:

- GT

Thanks, Jack. :)

Congrats to everyone who posted above; lots of intriguing new arrivals!! :thumbsup::cool::cool::thumbsup:

But I have an "etiquette" question. I'm hoping to acquire some new knives soon, and like the idea of sharing on The Porch my excitement over their arrival. :rolleyes: But now I'm not clear about the best place to do that. I've always used the "Your newest addition" thread in the past: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/your-newest-addition-traditionals-of-course.1167349/
Going forward should I use this "Mail Call" thread, or the "newest addition" thread, or both?? What is the main difference between the threads?

- GT
Maybe they should be merged.

Amazing how sweet a couple dead skunk can be! ;) Nice pair Mark!!
Ha ha thanks, James! I'm lovin them!:thumbsup:

Nice thread idea Mark, and congratulations on that colourful #14, very nice indeed :) :thumbsup:

As most regulars know, Randy @r redden has really had a lot on his plate lately, but he's still always reaching out to folks :) I received this handsome Case Barlow from Randy last week, accompanied by a great book full of beautiful photographs :) What a gent :) :thumbsup:

2JOUytH.jpg
Thank you, Jack. Great knife and the book makes a great background. Randy @r redden is one of the good ones!;)

Two Case bone stags, both Bose designs, dropped into my mailbox on Saturday.

fiiScx5h.jpg
Very nice, Buzz. You've got me seriously looking at a Bone stag sowbelly!:)

View attachment 1123661 View attachment 1123662 View attachment 1123663 View attachment 1123664 View attachment 1123665
Interesting choices, Henry. Thanks for showing them!:thumbsup:

View attachment 1123735

View attachment 1123736
Just beautiful, Jason. Glad to hear how pleased you are with his work.:thumbsup:

I just got this in. Classic old Winchester, with classic outgassing cell on it. Blades are decent, may need repair to the liners though, LOL.

View attachment 1123768
View attachment 1123769
View attachment 1123770
Glenn, that one looks like it's right up your alley! Can't wait to see him in his new "pants".:)

I was finally able to score one of these... CHEAP!
I've been wanting a Schrade liner lock trapper for a while. When I saw this one with a scrimshaw trout, I couldn't pass it up.
Can't go wrong with a scrimshaw Schrade, John. I have always enjoyed all the different motifs they had and glad you scored it cheap.;)

Interesting choices Henry :) I got a Mini-Skrama in the mail last week, got it in my pocket right now (in the stock sheath) :thumbsup:

nhhom9E.jpg

Very nice indeed :) :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see what you do with that one! :) :thumbsup:

Nice fixed blade, Jack. The handle looks very comfortable.:thumbsup:

- GT
Gt, Post them in both! But this thread only if it came in the mail!:D:D (see, there is a difference:D)

Thanks, Jack. :)

Maybe they should be merged.
The "New Additions" thread is open to any new additions, John. For instance: any knife you bought at a brick & mortar store would go only in the New Additions thread. This thread they have to come in the mail.:D

A recent one was this big (9.15") Muk skinner from "Big Chris" Berry in CPM-3V, with NO disappointment once opened.

rj5hzUz.jpg
Very nice, Jeff! Gotta love the 3V and that looks very handy and thin at the edge.:cool:

Let's just pretend this came in the mail and didn't actually follow me home from Walmart ;)

I don't get to fish as often as I'd like to and rarely catch anything to keep when I do so this will get carried as I would any knife.
The package says to only cut fish with it, but I'm not going to let anyone tell me what I can cut with my knife :D:D

nhhom9E.jpg

:thumbsup:

That should be very comfortable in hand. I have the Skrama and Jakaaripuukko, and know what to expect from the handle. I wanted something slimmer for pocket carry, though. The inner tube on the tang should be adequate for the limited use it wlll see as an EDC.

How about a pic of the sheath?

Back