**MAIL CALL**- traditionals

Camillus #16 arrived yesterday

ru2FN7gh.jpg

YdOMQOFh.jpg

I've had this white smooth bone Rough Rider canoe for quite a while, but it went to visit r8shell r8shell in Austin and came back on Wednesday with a whole new look! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The pile side is decorated in the fashion of a Native American canoe using a very pleasing triangle/circle pattern:
pile.jeans.jpg

The mark side is an amazing "lakescape" that synthesizes a number of scenes I sent Rachel from the place on Lake Huron where we've gone for vacation for almost 30 years. She also included a canoeist very much like the blade etch on a Case canoe, and if you look very closely, you'll see that the canoe is decorated in the fashion of the pile side of my knife!
mark.table.jpg

I'm very honored and very grateful to have another of Rachel's fantastic scrimshaw examples! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks so much, Rachel!

- GT

I've had this white smooth bone Rough Rider canoe for quite a while, but it went to visit r8shell r8shell in Austin and came back on Wednesday with a whole new look! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool: The pile side is decorated in the fashion of a Native American canoe using a very pleasing triangle/circle pattern:
View attachment 1157631

The mark side is an amazing "lakescape" that synthesizes a number of scenes I sent Rachel from the place on Lake Huron where we've gone for vacation for almost 30 years. She also included a canoeist very much like the blade etch on a Case canoe, and if you look very closely, you'll see that the canoe is decorated in the fashion of the pile side of my knife!
View attachment 1157632

I'm very honored and very grateful to have another of Rachel's fantastic scrimshaw examples! :):thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks so much, Rachel!

- GT

I'm generally not crazy about scrimshaw, but that came out very nice.

In today's mail. Queen Dan Burke # 26 Stockman.

View attachment 1156456
I've always liked those Dan Burke Queens. Congrats!

Beautiful Snakewood on a handy little pattern. I also enjoy the Oak leaf shield.:thumbsup:

Well, here it is. Charlie's latest SFO - "Real Lambfoot Knife". The build is exdellent with no glitches what so ever and the ebony covers are very dark and even.

Since this knife is an old English pattern built by an American manufacturer I partnered it with a British Crown coin.

Z0B8Cyv.jpg
Nice one, Ed.:thumbsup:

Camillus #16 arrived yesterday

ru2FN7gh.jpg

YdOMQOFh.jpg
Another great one that looks like it'll fit in nicely with your other oldies!

That is a great 15. Excellent jigging and color. I love the 2 blade models and M&G have had some wonderful sfo's.

View attachment 1157631

View attachment 1157632

Thanks so much, Rachel!

- GT
I bet you are honored, Gary, as well you should be! That is amazing work! r8shell r8shell must have some good eyes to be able to carry that out. Love the old school canoe decoration. I recognized it right away. Thanks for showing it!:thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1157631

View attachment 1157632

Thanks so much, Rachel!

- GT

Wow! That's special Gary, congratulations :) :thumbsup:

Nice work Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

Today's mail. Can't believe I have one of these again. The knife that started it all for me. Kershaw #4932 Rhinelander. Working at a camp in summer 1986, saw one of these at a gun shop in Kerrville, Texas and had to have it. I'd had Buck 110/112, Schrades, Case but never even heard of Kershaw. I paid the princely sum of $110 or $120 I think, first "high end" knife I ever bought. Had it for about 3 years, carried it regularly, and it disappeared after a party at our house one night. Been missing that knife for 30 years. Not sure who made these. I know Anton Winger Jr. made some fixed blades for Kershaw in the 80's, but this looks suspiciously like a Puma Prince. It's a big knife, won't be able to carry it until I get a pouch to fit.

20190708_170714.jpg

20190708_174530.jpg

20190708_173137.jpg

Trestle Pine Topper
Ironwood..
I bought a Trestle Pine with ancient Oak (I think)..timber which had been logged and sunk to the bottom of a river for years...as a thank you for the guy that built my kitchen table Old Carbon Custom..recycled Aussie hardwoods ..which he gave me...its an heirloom quality piece of furniture..you will see in many of my pics.So that was payback because he wouldnt take money.
I was impressed with the build of the Trestle Pine knife...by Queen I believe before the demise...so I ummed and ahhed for a while and snagged this un...I love these big stout clip blades and bottle opener...the brass hardware....
20190711-102835.jpg

20190711-102739.jpg

But best of all the Ironwood....and this is 1 of 2 made apparently.Built to work and to last...looking good.
20190711-101719.jpg

Cheers.

View attachment 1157631

View attachment 1157632

Thanks so much, Rachel!

- GT
That's pretty special. Nice job r8shell r8shell :)

All this Lambfoot hoopla made me want more, so I had to sample some Sheffield cutlery. :)

Random first impressions, in no particular order:

I really like the peach pruner: the size, blade shape...just a cool, very useful little knife!

These make you appreciate GEC quality/fit&finish! I mean, you get what you pay for and all. They seem to be stout, no frills workers.

There is no edge to speak of out the (box) envelope. By no edge, I mean none. No apex. Interesting way to call a knife done, but easily remedied.

I like the size of the Lambfoot. Right around 3 1/2” handle sweet spot.

These will earn their (bargain) keep and be put to work!

tKJesrvl.jpg

I'm generally not crazy about scrimshaw, but that came out very nice.

I bet you are honored, Gary, as well you should be! That is amazing work! r8shell r8shell must have some good eyes to be able to carry that out. Love the old school canoe decoration. I recognized it right away. Thanks for showing it!:thumbsup::cool:
The secret to detail work is magnification. ;)

Wow! That's special Gary, congratulations :) :thumbsup:

Nice work Rachel :cool: :thumbsup:

That's pretty special. Nice job r8shell r8shell :)
Thanks, guys! :)

Today’s delivery was a steal of a deal $50 shipped for the pair of these 2 dot Buck 110s. Never had an older 110 they for sure look and feel a lot nicer than the current productions and the LB7 from the same time period I considered above the 110 are now pretty equal. DE09D236-2CC9-48A2-A7CD-139C435CE240.jpeg

Back