Maker's marks

My Stamp since the begining of this Journey...
RHankins2.jpg

I got the logo, but I'm haveing trouble getting to your web site. Could you pvt message me with the correct contact information? Thanks!

I have sold hundreds of hand made, customized & engraved factory knives over the past 30 years. Early on I used etching with my name on the blade - I engraved 100% of my handmade knives – On some of my early handmade knives I etched my name on the blade but I had a stamp made early on “HUDSON” which was stamped on the tang. Knives that I just engraved I engraved a small th on one of the pal side bolsters – I also put a small th on the guns I have engraved – sometimes you have to look to find it but it’s there - That’s my story – tom

I have sold hundreds of hand made, customized & engraved factory knives over the past 30 years. Early on I used etching with my name on the blade - I engraved 100% of my handmade knives – On some of my early handmade knives I etched my name on the blade but I had a stamp made early on “HUDSON” which was stamped on the tang. Knives that I just engraved I engraved a small th on one of the pal side bolsters – I also put a small th on the guns I have engraved – sometimes you have to look to find it but it’s there - That’s my story – tom

How about posting a couple of pictures of a logo on a knife. I got your description but would like to have pictures too.

The stamp "HUDSON" is what i used on 99% of my hand made knives -

The small TH on the lower right side of this bolster is what I have always used on knives i engraved - I also used this TH on all the guns I have engraved

On my custonized knives from the 80's i used a etching - I etched
"Tommy Hudson" on the blade in a semi-circle - I don't have any pix's of this mark.

Tom Hudson
396171900.jpg

396171901.jpg

I thought there for a minute we had the same Maker's Mark. Mine is empty! Got to remember to do something about that first chance I get. Got your other mark! Thanks!

Hello Harry,

I can help, if you like, in properly "restoring" the makers mark from
pictures sent to you most likely saving you a bit of time.

As I am good at this and have probably more free time on
my hands, let me know the Post ## that had problematic pictures
and I'll extract the maker's marks and email them to you with
reference to their Post ###.

Let me know,
David Darom (ddd)

Harry, here are the last three on this Thread, "treated" to look
good for your project...
Posted originally on Posts #122, #128 and #132.

All the best,
David Darom (ddd)

Post-122_128_132.jpg

Sorry guys I haven't had a chance to check out this thread in a while. Got the pictures though.

David I really appreciate the offer. Right now I have the pictures in kind of a mess on two different computers and won't have time to get the files straightened out for a while. When I get some semblance of order established to my data base, I will surely send you an e-mail. I have some questions I want to ask you about how the displaying should be done and will get with you then. Hope to be gathering pictures at the Blade Show and working on them during the summer. Hope to see you in Atlanta.

Thanks again to everyone that has sent pictures in and to those of you that haven't, it is never too late. Just post it here and I'll get it. Don't forget to leave me your name and address. Won't do any good if I have your maker's mark and only your forum name to tag it with.

Haven' t got them yet but I'll get them! I have been a little busy lately. Let me get past some Blade Show stuff and I will pick them up.

Back