Makers: Post pics of your knives.

Mn4IKtE.jpg

weCF2fv.jpg

kKEQpE8.jpg

Harbeer, you are guilty!!!! Guilty of posting GREAT looking knives with no info about the knife. We desire handle material, blade material, hardness, ect. Love to read a bit about the knife as well as look at it. GREAT looking knives.

Harbeer, you are guilty!!!! Guilty of posting GREAT looking knives with no info about the knife. We desire handle material, blade material, hardness, ect. Love to read a bit about the knife as well as look at it. GREAT looking knives.
thanks, very kind of you

all are laminated steel, Hitachi white core and stainless cladding, hand forged and quenched in water to 63-64 RC
the top one is a stabilized Tasmanian Blackwood, the 2nd is snakewood, the third nakiri is spalted maple burl given to my by James Rodebaugh MS.

all three have G10 caps, normally I would use a silicon bronze ferrulebut I was pressed for time and the G10 is easier to work with given time constraints,

Hello All, This is a first for me and I am pretty pleased with how it came out.

10 inch blade, Alabama damascus ladder pattern, desert ironwood and bronze handle, birdseye maple case.

full

full

Wow, that sure looks awesome. I love the saya pin style you used.

Not sure if the image will load correctly, sorry in advance!

First knife I ever took a crack at doing.

Damascus blade with a hammered finish. Handle is Jarrah wood (Australian hardwood) with a copper wire inlay and wrap.

Hand carved handle tailored to suited my hands (carving took forever, this wood is ridiculously hard.

very light stain and wax finish. looks beautiful and always gets comments from guests on the comfortable fit and feel and the red jarrah finish.

*** unable to directly upload the image so I hope the URL method works (any pointers on uploading images to the text area would be greatly appreciated)***

Awesome stuff Carter! finish looks nice and clean.

On a side note, I am doing my first knife show this weekend...I am bringing all kitchen knives! I have 5 knives to glue up , shape handles, finish sand, and sharpen this week! Ill post family photos when I have them.

Sweet!!! That is some nice looking redwood.
Here are a couple of 52100 blades that I just completed. The top one is a 245mm gyuto with a redwood burl handle and the bottom is a 160mmK-tip petty with a buckeye burl handle.

AVm4G0V.jpg

My photography is just a amateur as my knife making, LOL. But I was still very happy how this 8 inch gyuto turned out. 15N20 carbon steel, dyed box elder and wenge wood, brass and that horrible red G10 that never looks good. Black walnut saya.

3kOIpPKh.jpg

uiaSUeZh.jpg

ppDz7mTh.jpg

Here are some of my latest projects. I mainly use high carbon steels in my knives, but lately have dipped my toes in some stainless as well. For handles i mostly use box elder burl, g10 liners, bolster material varies, but mostlythings like buffalo horn and juma. Thanks for looking!

chef.JPG sujihiki.JPG gyuto2.JPG guyto.JPG

Back