Mammoth Mondays - because everyone feels extinct on Monday

Mammoth Monday, just got back from sledding with my daughter and our Malamute Cleopatra. Cleo pulls Paige in the sled, pretty cute and easy on dad. These two are with me today,

Tim Steingass subhilt Chute in CPM 154 and mammoth ivory from Mark Knapp, a really well made knife with clean, even grinds and a very thin tapered tang. Along with a dogleg from Rick Menefee, 154cm and some mammoth ivory that Rick had for over 10 years.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1917.jpg
    1917.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 191
These four just back from the engraver:

BfRvyHa.jpg

XyNUNKI.jpg

XlKKcil.jpg

TfN9qX0.jpg

Some of the sheaths:

nO2YqE4.jpg

sB5pXrp.jpg

The new owners should be opening their packages today.

I absolutely love the variety of mammoth ivory. Here are a few I have. There are a few more I don't have photos of yet.
2016-tuna-valley-teardrop-ivory.jpg
2014-tuna-valley-tadpole-mammoth-02.jpg
2014-tuna-valley-gunstock-ivory02.jpg
20154-tuna-valley-muskrat-ivory02.jpg
2015-tuna-valley-scout-mammoth.jpg

Last edited:
- yay, I can join in this time.........hope you're not fed up of seeing this one!

Dowell%20LC%2001.jpg

Marvelous stuff on view here, I don't have any Mammoth but I certainly feel extinct and fossilized today :eek::D

On the way

mammothfront-6521__91285.1483741186.1280.1280_zpsvuuaqbic.jpg

The raw material, being collected in Siberia.

Extraction%20of%20mammoth%20tusks%20in%20Siberia%20004_zps7rvz5ubk.jpg

Nice knife on the way, picturerock!! That must have been an amazing glacier to put those mammoth tusks in that huge "amalgamation"!!
That brave soul has his eye on the prize - great pic!

Very nice Al! Rustic blades and Mammoth Ivory go together like cookies and milk... sweet.

Northwoods Esky Zulu

The Tapadero:

v7EWNcn.jpg

The Poco:

zO8rngz.jpg

Camp Knives (the only two I've ever done in mammoth ivory).

fgs2MHx.jpg

Some very beautiful knives in here. I'll have to pick up a mammoth ivory knife or 2 in the future. Dave those Damascus fixed blades are beautiful.

Beautiful Mammoth up there. All unique and that is what appeals most to me.

Dave, I never tire of looking at your knives. I know they're working knives, but they're works of art, too! And the sheaths... beautiful!!

Love those 2. Here is my newest ivory knife.

Thanks Rookie82. Fantastic Tuna Valley!!! A couple of details that set it apart IMO are; a Sheepfoot for the primary blade (use to seeing clips) and even nicer than the blade combination is... it's shield-less! Very nice, a much better look for ivory that beautiful. Great score, congrats, -James

Thanks Rookie82. Fantastic Tuna Valley!!! A couple of details that set it apart IMO are; a Sheepfoot for the primary blade (use to seeing clips) and even nicer than the blade combination is... it's shield-less! Very nice, a much better look for ivory that beautiful. Great score, congrats, -James

Yeah, I agree. Mammoth shouldn't be covered up. Actually, all the Tuna Valley knives from 2013 are shieldless, regardless of if they are stag, horn, or ivory.

Back