Man Gear Buck 110

Well that's an interesting one. Not sure I like the hole in the blade, but the cutout on the scale is a nice touch.

The above pics were from the auction site
I did not buy it and don’t intend to buy
Just felt it was interesting
You can search it
Buck 110 Folding Hunter "SpydieBuck" conversion Man Gear Custom Shop New Knife

Buck-110-Folding-Hunter-SpydieBuck-conversion-Man-Gear-_1.jpg

Weird.
Thankee, but no thankee.

The cutout in scale/cover looks like it would be a hot spot.
Why the quasi "spidie hole"?
That ultra shiny brass appears like it would be a super magnet for fingerprints and smudge.
(Me dislike fingerprint/smudge magnets a whole bunch.)

My Brother David has a neat group of 110's with holes in the blades..so I know the concept was explored by Buck. So is this a 'factory' 110 by Buck? Or a aftermarket modification? Except for a very few 112 cutouts I've never seen a 112 done like this.

Lol... looking at it closed just looks so awkward. I would think that putting a hole in the blade like that would create a weaker blade. Could become a weak point where it snaps/breaks under hard use or stress.

My Brother David has a neat group of 110's with holes in the blades..so I know the concept was explored by Buck. So is this a 'factory' 110 by Buck? Or a aftermarket modification? Except for a very few 112 cutouts I've never seen a 112 done like this.
I think man gear made it

I would think drilling before heat treat would be much easier. I would have to try one to see if it opens easy enough. The round hole like a Spyderco is pretty easy as it pivots perfectly. An oblong hole is an easy.

That big hole will compromise blade strength.

This obsession with quick opening blades is a big negative that is not necessary and often causes problems.

Any 110 can be opened with one hand and if you need to play quick draw......fixed blades are available and they are a far better route to go.

I'm sorry, but I see no need to turn the 110's classic 50+ year-old folding hunter design into a quick deployment tactical knife. Although, I admit, the 110 Auto is pretty darn cool.

Your brother David, informed me of this one. Sierra Trading Post had them...maybe on close-out. I do believe it's a factory 110.
001.JPG

002.JPG

I don’t like it, but I don’t like any of the factory fixed blades with the cutouts shaped like animals and stuff. I don’t even like nail nicks.

Back