Man Gear Buck 110

I don't get it. I've been opening 110s one handed for over 40 years. I don't need any silly hole drilled through the blade. Or camel hump with spydee hole. Or thumb stud. Or fancy sheath that might cause me to cut my finger off. The heavy handle is all I need.

O.B.

I was going to say the same thing. ALL Buck 110s & 112s are "one hand opening. With a closed knife pinch the blade point up move your hand down rapidly and stop abruptly and it opens without fail and without needless modifications.

I don't get it. I've been opening 110s one handed for over 40 years. I don't need any silly hole drilled through the blade. Or camel hump with spydee hole. Or thumb stud. Or fancy sheath that might cause me to cut my finger off. The heavy handle is all I need.

O.B.

Yeah......me too.

I like my 110 folding hunters just the way Buck built them,I've got several thumbstuds I figured I would love on my 110 s,but they interfere with many chores I use my knife for.I never need to get my knife out with one hand ,if I was worried about one hand opening I would carry fix blades.

Fixed blade solution........I've been testing this out!

YZBshSi.jpg

If you want a 110 to open fast, with one hand, and no hole in your blade, just get one of these:

View attachment 1203359

Illegal here where I live.
When I first discovered this concept I made a small one for a little lockback I had and it was fun but of course being illegal I just messed with it a week or so then took it apart.

I feel like they missed the mark with the 101. It was a chance to use that great blade shape but add a small guard.

In my mind I see it as a mini 124. Small guard, 110 blade shape, full tang, slab scales, with or without pommel.

For daily fixed blade carry I like the 212.

I like the 101 the way it is, spade-nose blade the best.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 110 with a flipper, like the Vantage. And keep the lock where it is.

Truth is.........

When a knife has become a classic they shouldn't mess with it........just leave it alone.

The 101 will become a classic in its own right.......it's pleasantly goofy.........both strange and at the same time pleasing to the eye.

Just give it a different Model number if you MUST put an ugly spade nose on it.

:D

Oh, for those of you who were worried about the fit in the sheath.........

It's tight.

That thing is not coming out of there unless you use some force to jerk it out.

I like the 101 the way it is, spade-nose blade the best.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 110 with a flipper, like the Vantage. And keep the lock where it is.
backlock designs dont make good flippers though.... that's why most moderns are liner or frame locks. easier lighter detents for flipping. have to be a 110 liner lock...think they made those at one time? just not a flipper.

110 was the answer to being a folder but near fixed blade strength. I have a couple 101s but don't carry one. I would prefer to carry a different model with a traditional guard design like the 103 or the 212.

I have found it really easy to wash and clean the 101, while still enjoying the design of the 110. For that reason is has a purpose in my kitchen from time to time. The spade-nose blade just adds a little extra strength to an already great design if one desires. I support the right to choose. :thumbsup:

I guess a 110 flipper would be an engineering nightmare, oh well :(

If you go to the website apparently this guy puts spyderholes in everything. Some real....... Interesting knives

That crossed my mind. One his site he actually describes them as spydie..... Knives (ex: spydiebenza)
Yeah...that was the point where I thought a name drop was needed;)

Back