Manix 2 lightweight vs G10

Hey Everyone. I have the Manix 2 lightweight and love it. I have been thinking about getting the G10 model. Does anyone have both now or at one point in time with an opinion of why they prefer one over the other?

I had to disassemble my G10 blurple a couple of times and snip off bits from the spring, because it was too strong..
I also like a steel liner, for extra strength, and last, but not least, so I can do scale swaps.

Last edited:
I had to disassemble my G10 blurple a couple of times and snip off bits from the spring, because it was too strong..
I also like a steel liners, for extra strength, and last, but not least, so I can do scale swaps.
I do like those points. The spring is tight with the lightweight as well, but the scales are pinned. Do I need one? No. Do I want one? YES. What is the old saying - if wishes were fishes we'd all have a pond. Never thought I would be saying this about Spydercos either. I never liked them because of the blade design. But now, after getting the Manix 2 (and the para 3 g10)I am convinced that their Marketing Campaign could be "Just Get One, Trust Us". The ergonomics and function is superb. Truly a well thought out proven design foundation. I got one and WOW. Love it

I've owned both at different times. I prefer the feel in hand of the G10 version, and my G10s have had better action (two G10s, one Lightweight all owned at different times).

Personally, they're not different enough for me to want to own one of each.

I don't have the lightweight.
But I do have two g10 excl and they feel tough and solid. I have not felt the need to clip the spring.
I have nothing bad to say about them.

I've had both and prefer the lightweight, but there's nothing wrong with either. You might consider another knife altogether for your growing accumulation, a dragonfly, for example.

This thread needs pictures.
VSChfh1l.jpg

I've had the M2 in G10 (S110v), in CF (Cruwear) and in LW (Maxamet & S90V), and I actually like the feel and action of the LW. However, the pinned build got the best of my obsessive mind, so I sold the LW's. I would be first in line for a M2LW with screw construction, and I really wish that would show up as a CQI upgrade.

I think it’s just preference I love them both but prefer the g10 versions.
EDIT: My apologies generally on most I do but on the Manix 2 I prefer the LW at least the ones I’ve had. Even the lock releases were easier to release and more thumb friendly.

Last edited:
I am huge fan of Manix 2 and over the years had both G10 and Lightweight FRN models. Both variants are seriously tough knives and either one of them will be an excellent choice! Personally, I like the feel of G10 and prefer having liners in my knives, it might be subjective but G10 have more premium and solid feel.

Had the lightweight first, great knife. But the regular manix 2 is in the top 10 knives of all time, with ease. Extremely perfect.

I have an older Manix 2 with the 154cm sabre/hollow ground blade. One of my favorite knives, although it is also one of my heaviest Spydercos, with the exception if a PM2 Tanto in M4 with copper scales. My FFG Manix 2s are lighter but not by much.

I have quite a few Delica 4 models with the FRN and they are awesome as well. I am yet to try a Manix 2 LW in FRN but would assume they would have the overall "flex" that the Delicas and Natives have. Not sure I would be thrilled with that in a knife that large, even though the FFGs are somewhat lighter.

I'll stick with G10 on mine until I get a chance to hold the LW model in person somewhere.

Hey Everyone. I have the Manix 2 lightweight and love it. I have been thinking about getting the G10 model. Does anyone have both now or at one point in time with an opinion of why they prefer one over the other?
What do you want to use the knife for? Either will probably work great for most EDC chores IMO.

Does anyone have both now or at one point in time with an opinion of why they prefer one over the other?

I much prefer the look and the functionality of the bi-directional pattern on the LW model. Also, the deep-carry clip sits at a more aesthetically pleasing spot on the LW model. The screw holes on the G10 are so close to the end of the knife, that deep carry clips look awkward. But really, both models are VERY nice.

Like any good lad, I own several of each flavor. I muchly prefer the lightweight. The additional weight and high-ride pocket clip on the G10 version don't really do anything for me - though I can see how the G10 would add additional strength if you treat your knives like hammers. But all knives are fun, so into my hoard they go.

IUXwPyM.jpg

I have several lightweights and one Sprint Run S90V/CF. I find the "jimping" on the heavier model completely overdone, making the entire handle one big hot spot. I took a belt sander to mine and ground off all the teeth on the liners, which made it somewhat useable, but still not as comfortable as the FRCP lightweight.

Back