Matthew Caldwell "1-6" Tan

Picked up a 1-5 back in Feb. and cant put it down. Its the prefect size blade. I now have a 1-4,1-5,1-7 and 1-9. I need to get my hands on a 1-6 to finish up the set. Your knives rock. Keep up the super work.
Thanks

I really like that B&O 1-4. Any chance of getting a 1-6 with that handle design? Shoot me a PM Matthew with the details if you would. Great looking knives!

Vassili got the one & only 1-6 made with the B&O handles. His was the last knife made in the 150 piece limited edition run. Now, it's very difficult to find the B&O material. I've found some to put on my 1-5's, and if I can get more, I may put some on 1-7's & 1-9's. If I make any for stock, they'll probably show up on vintageknives.com, first. EdgeOftheKnife.com still has some 1-4's & 1-6's, if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the Support! -Matt Caldwell mdcaldwellco@msn.com

If you score on the B&O material I would take a 1-7 with it. Give me a heads up with PM if you could.

mnyshrpknvs

For all you Black & Orange fans out there, I've acquired enough material to do a few more sets of handles. Edgeoftheknife.com should be posting a 1-5 tomorrow, and vintageknives.com should have one up by this time next week. We've used some other "interesting" paper-based micartas, as well. Love 'em, or hate 'em, they're definitely different. I should have some B&O handles ready for the 1-7/1-9 by the end of the month.

I live in the Lynnwood area and one of my newly discovered knife shops sells Caldwell knives. I am saving right now to get one soon. They are beautiful and I'm proud to say I live near the maker.

Pretty ancient thread, but I'm glad you bumped it.

Those are some gorgeous blades! Are they still being made?

Just got one from vintageknives.com today. I'll let you know how it goes when it arrives, they have one more in stock..

Well, i just got the 1-5 in the mail from vintage knives. I ordered the treestump leather sheath on top of the kydex. Both are extremely well made and nice to use. The blade finsh, tumbled I believe, is very nice. I wasn't sure what to expect here, but it is a nice touch to the knife. the handle is very comfortable, but seems a little short (maybe I have big hands though). I love this knife and it is the first "true" flat ground blade I have bought (and I have many many customs). My comment on this blade is that (and this isn't negative at all) it seems very light in weight. I don't know if it's from the true flat grind or if Matt removes or reduces material in the tang?? Anyone else notice that or am I just used to handling heavier knives? Comments appreciated!!!!!!!

The knife shop by my house sells his knives but then again, that shop is about 10 miles from Matt's shop.

The knife shop by my house sells his knives but then again, that shop is about 10 miles from Matt's shop.

I despair of finding a decent knife shop in WA. What is this place you refer to?:confused:

My Caldwell

Caldwell.jpg

Last edited:
awesome knives! a 1-5 is on my wish list, maybe one day
are they still made?

Back