Maxpedition Bottle holder kit, review and pics

No problem man. I use it to hold my zebralight and its accesories, and its carried in my pack so, the color doesnt matter to me. Its like new, so when you are ready just lemme know!!

Thanks for this Jake. This looks like just the ticket for hot Florida summer walks. I'm ordering mine, tomorrow.

How does your kit ride when walking... swing much?

Thanks,
Chris

I'll contribute some pics to Jake's bottle holder thread :) This is my set-up for short jaunts (10x4 version):

IMG_3411.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

The contents change a bit depending on what I'm doing, but the M2 usually carries the essentials, with the M1 left over for snacks or whatever else I'd like to carry. My little pop can alcohol stove fits in perfectly right on the top of the guyot (standard) if I want to bring it along.

I'm usually anti-shoulder sling type things, but this set-up works wonderfully and is very comfortable to wear. The best part about it, is that when I need something, I can just swing the rig around to my front and access everything. And WolfTracker, I can't answer for Jake, but my kit doesn't swing around while walking even with the M2 and M1 attached on either side :thumbup:

ETA:
I know with the M1 and M2 on there I might as well use a shoulder bag or something, but I had those two laying around not being used, so I threw them on. Not as bulky or obtrusive as I initially thought they'd be. :thumbup: And the insulation on these bottle holders are excellent! Keeps drinks cold for a loooong time. (as opposed to just throwing the bottle in a shoulder bag)

Last edited:
Does the shoulder pad come with the strap? I ordered the strap and bottle holder from LA Police Gear. If not, I've gotta look into a pad now which will suck having to pay shipping on something so small like that.

Does the shoulder pad come with the strap?

No it doesn't, which is annoying. I ended up getting the pad with some other gear a while after I got the strap. If you have a laptop bag laying around, you could just cannibalize the pad from it too.

maybe i missed, but where is the best place (cheapest) to get a forrest green one of these?

I would've gotten mine from twowolvesoutdoor.com but they didn't list a foliage green strap. So, I ended up doing a search and ended up ordering mine from lapolicegear.com. Just remember if you order the strap to make sure you order the pad for it also.

I would've gotten mine from twowolvesoutdoor.com but they didn't list a foliage green strap. So, I ended up doing a search and ended up ordering mine from lapolicegear.com. Just remember if you order the strap to make sure you order the pad for it also.

sounds good, i will be adding this to a sabercat rig, which size do you reccomend?

sounds good, i will be adding this to a sabercat rig, which size do you reccomend?

Check out the comparison of the two sizes in post #54 of this thread. It seems most folks use the 10x4 and that's what I ordered. To me, the 12x5 looks to be too big but that's a call you'd have to make for yourself. Sorry to be vague, it's just that everyone's tastes are different.

Check out the comparison of the two sizes in post #54 of this thread. It seems most folks use the 10x4 and that's what I ordered. To me, the 12x5 looks to be too big but that's a call you'd have to make for yourself. Sorry to be vague, it's just that everyone's tastes are different.

thanks for the advice and direction, i to will proably order the small one to mount to my sabercat

I just picked up a 10x4, 32oz nalgene, and gsi cup from twowolves, so it should be here late next week. It's awesome to see how many setups you can do with this thing. Can't wait!

Tony it rides a little high on me, but just about perfect IMO. On you you would have alot more options for adjustment. This is B/C I am so tall, and Maxpeditions shoulder strap is not long enough fully let out IMO.

Fully loaded with the weight, the shoulder strap and pad makes for a comfy setup.
I have a similar setup and right now I have a 3X5 pouch and I agree they just stick out way too much. I'm not sure how much weight you're sporting but you could swap the strap for paracord. Right now I have about 25 feet daisy chained as a strap but it's only chained half way. When I buy more cord I calculate I can get a 40 foot hank around my body and I'm 6ft.

My little pop can alcohol stove fits in perfectly right on the top of the guyot (standard) if I want to bring it along.
I use the extra space differently but putting a stove in there is a good idea. Right now I have a garbage bag and 2 pads of 0000 steel wool under my gsi cup and the nalgene comes right to the top of the lid now.:D

Anybody else have issues getting the cup out of the bottom of the main compartment? I wound up putting mine on top 'cause there was no way I was going to get it out with cold hands without losing my patience and taking my RC-4 to it. they're GSI cups, can't be much different than any other.

Great kit BTW J.Williams- I'm in wonderment that you managed to get that much stuff in there. If I could make a suggestion, a couple of disposable handwarmer packs for Winter use might be a lifesaver if you would up outside overnight.

I usually reach in and make a fist to fill the space in the cup and cork screw it out.

I got a chinese knockoff of the bottle holder off of Ebay for cheap. Quality is great for what I paid for it, and it came with a shoulder strap. I need to look into the cocoon pouches to add to it though.

if anyone wants more info, pm me or shoot me an email

cmdionne AT gmail DOT com

Back