Medium Choppa thread!!

Perfect weather for some yard(mud pit) work yesterday, the MC got a little love
7jiTMyX.jpg

With the confirmation of a lighter medium chopper (welterweight?) in our future, lets get some more pics of the MC in here!! I have to live vicariously through these pics until I can get my own. I would especially appreciate anyone who has an MC in ECAM to throw some pictures up. Thanks in advance!

Fitting this one pops up today. Finally able to “complete” my 10” chopper collection by adding a HDMC to the stable. Thanks Fernando for helping me with 2/3rds of that 🙏
LC, MC, HDMC (bottom)
25D6F166-AA6E-49CC-8CBA-DD55BD41FE56.jpeg
Nearly 15oz diff between LC & HDMC 😳

9769230F-BE2C-4B4E-9D1A-6080860B9072.jpeg
LC, MC, MC, HDMC
704FAD46-7CA4-4EC9-9377-F9FAD899AAF0.jpeg
Only ones I feel I “need” now are a FK, potato knife and a Shiv. Thought I had a lead on a shiv but its growing colder by the minute 😢

Fitting this one pops up today. Finally able to “complete” my 10” chopper collection by adding a HDMC to the stable. Thanks Fernando for helping me with 2/3rds of that 🙏
LC, MC, HDMC (bottom)
View attachment 2092040

View attachment 2092042
LC, MC, MC, HDMC
View attachment 2092043
Only ones I feel I “need” now are a FK, potato knife and a Shiv. Thought I had a lead on a shiv but its growing colder by the minute 😢
That’s just sticking your head in the rabbit hole, you haven’t even started to go down it yet.

LC, MC, HDMC (bottom)
View attachment 2092040

View attachment 2092042
LC, MC, MC, HDMC
View attachment 2092043

That’s just sticking your head in the rabbit hole, you haven’t even started to go down it yet.
Don't listen to Marc. He only owns like 3 CPKs. He is just being jealous

Oh man…. I might have a lead on a MC but it’s more than I want to spend… I wish I knew what the weight of the upcoming light medium chopper was going to be. Ah, decisions decisions!
Buy it, and then buy the upcoming one too. Keep the one you like best and sell the other, or keep them both. You're welcome 😁

Buy it, and then buy the upcoming one too. Keep the one you like best and sell the other, or keep them both. You're welcome 😁

That’s the spirit!!!
Y’all are a bad influence! 😂
Nathan said it would have the specs of the light chopper (length, weight, grind), but shape/profile of the medium.
Hmm. That sounds about perfect! If it really won’t be here until the end of year I may just have to get both.

What would y’all say is the going price for a MC?

Y’all are a bad influence! 😂

Hmm. That sounds about perfect! If it really won’t be here until the end of year I may just have to get both.

What would y’all say is the going price for a MC?
No way to know really. They don't come up for sale often. A behemoth chopper went for around $1200 a while ago.
If you're talking about the one on ebay for about $1000.....personally, I don't think it's worth it when you can get a brand new busse Fusion battle cry for around $600.

^Not comparable.

Going rate is apx $1000
It's not the same, but it is comparable. I'm not saying that the Busse is the same or even as "good". The CPK MC is definitely going to be a more refined knife, with better/thinner edge geometry, more comfortable ergonomics, better balance, etc.
I wouldn't pay 66% more for the CPK MC, in used condition though.

Back