Michael'’s knives

That is one beautiful knife my friend!!!! I am so impressed with your work. I will be watching for your next posts of knives for sale. I want one😊

Hello guys.
This is “The Monster”.
I made it in the breaks between the other knives, so it took quite a long time. Finally it’s ready.
The blade is forget of spring steel 60C2A. Heat treated with clay. 58 – 59 HRC after tempering. I left it softer, because it’s quite long. Blade 360 x 50 x 6 mm. The whole thing is a long 670 mm.
This is my first attempt to shape a steel guard in a plastic form. A little clumsy, but for a first attempt it will do. :D
The handle of walnut root. Bronze separator after guard and on the back side. Bronze and copper pin.
The weight of this monster is 645 grams. 950 grams with sheath.
I was afraid it would not be quite balanced at work. But after I chopped splinters few zombies calmed down. As they say in a thematic show “It will kill”. :D
The sheath is made of 4 – 4.5 mm. hard as wood cow leather. Do not pay attention to what it pretends to be a crocodile. It’s a cow…. Or perhaps a bull.

If you want a larger image, you can click on the photo.
On the upper side of the line are centimeters - inches are from the bottom.
Those of you who would like to see more of my knives can look at my website. Now with some available for sale knives:
http://www.mk-jewel.com/index.html

Thanks’ for watching.
Mike.

Hello guys.
Here's the “Raven 2”.
Blade - A bit over 400 layers Damascus steel, hand-forged of L2 and 75Ni8. Differentially heat treated with clay. Hardness – 59 – 60 HRC after tempering.
Handle – ebony. Inlays – copper, bronze and malachite mosaic.
The sheath made of 4 – 4.5 mm. cow leather my friend George Petkov.

Those of you who would like to see more of my knives can look at my website. Now with some available for sale knives:

Thanks’ for watching.
Mike.

Hello guys.
There is something bright and colorful.
Blade - 432 layers Damascus steel, hand-forged of 80CrV2 /L2/ and 75Ni8. Differentially heat treated with clay. 59-60 HRC after tempering.
Handle – boxwood.
Guard - bronze.
Inlays – copper and mother of pearl.
The sheath made of 3.5 – 4 mm. cow leather my friend George Petkov.

Thanks’ for watching.
Mike.

Hello guys,
From time to time I go into a tangled affair with my knives. For me just is difficult to abstain. The same thing happened this time. :D
So, I am presenting you a dagger named “Wail”.
Blade - 99 layers hand forget of 80CrV2 /L2/ and 75Ni8 Damascus steel. 59 - 60 HRC after tempering.

Handle – … Well I will tell you about, but not now. Now you tell me, what material from was made that handle? Not many of my colleagues managed to guess.

Guard and pommel was sculptured and engraved of this bronze door handle.

Here finally is the “Wail”.

Thanks’ for watching.
Mike.

Obviously nobody cares, but as promised:
For the handle I teamed 4 cones of spruce.
Cheers.

A kind of Persian.
56 lairs damascus. For cutting edge I have laminated high carbon steel 1.1545. The blade is zone hardened.
The handle is made of deer horn and /Betula alba/ tree.
Guard and separators are made of brass.

Fantasy dagger from the Middle earth. 176 lairs damascus. For cutting edge I have laminated high carbon steel 90CrSi5.
The handle is made of dried on root /Cornus mas/ tree, sterling alloy and damascus steel.
Scabbard is walnut tree and damascus steel.

Handles in this post are some of the most beautiful work that I've ever seen in my entire life. Hands down no question.

Tim works. In all honesty, I believe that you are an artist. Keep trying new things and don't get comfortable. That mean's it's time to try something else.

Those words given to me from someone who was very successful at his career. Nuff said.

There is a small worm in my head that never let me feel comfortable. :D So I fully understand that man.
Thank you. :thumbup:

Hello guys,
Here's what popped in my workshop for Christmas.
Blade - Hand forget mosaic Damascus steel. For cutting edge I have laminated high carbon instrumental steel 1.2210 /Silver Steel/ 60-61 HRC after tempering.

Handle – Ebony tree, boxwood tree and American maple burl.
Separators – copper.
Guard - Damascus steel.
The sheath made of 3.5 - 4 mm. cow leather my friend George Petkov.

Thanks’ for watching.
Mike.

Hello guys,
Normally I do not work on commission. Do exceptions only when something intrigued me. This is the reason to show you this knife. Until that moment I had never forged such a long and thin blade.
Blade - 128 layers hand forget of 80CrV2 /L2/ and 75Ni8 Damascus steel. 59 - 60 HRC after tempering. Differentially heat treated with clay.

Handle – Stabilized, rotten birch (cross-section), walnut root and a piece of impregnated wood, which no longer remember what it was.
Guard – bronze.
Separators – bronze and turquoise mosaic.

I like mountain landscape painted by rotting on a piece of white birch.

I found personally on several types of dry meats that knife with such a thickness cut just superb. :D

The sheath made of 3.5 - 4 mm. cow leather my friend George Petkov.

Thanks’ for watching.
Mike.

Back