• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Mick Strider has some explaining to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Birds of a feather......................

When I hear comments like "impressive kill counts", SOCOM, blah blah blah, the BS meter gets pegged out.

Carlos Hathcock NEVER talked shit, and what I have been reading is SHIT.

High Speed/Low Drag/Bullshit

This really sucks. I really like the designs that Mick does and yet it appears that I will not at this time be owning any Strider knives in the foreseeable future till the situation is cleared up.

DD214 does not contain any personal info of a sensitive nature so why black stuff out? If you were a high speed SOCOM type the DD214 would show such so again why black it out?

Everything I have ever seen from people I know and trust in the knife world say's that Mick is on the level. Still to much of a fog here imho to say what's what.

I still wish Mick would speak up here though. I know if my integrity or honor was being questioned I would be quick to jump on things.

Ira, I didn't expect or want you to get banned I just thought that the delivery sucked but if that's the norm then cool. I don't believe that Kevin had any bad motives in posting what he did, when he did. That was my point. It seemed so disrespectful.

Lotus, there is personal information on the document that should not get out. But, some of it did not need to be blacked out, too.

Here's my DD214 below

;)

I have only seen it claimed that Dwyer was a USMC sniper of some service length. It was just odd to me that a name search on military.com doesn't turn up an obvious profile match.

Then again, military.com is hardly infalliable. It just strikes me as somewhat odd that someone with a rep to lose would closely tie his rep to Mick's, which has more holes and bad smells than rotting Swiss cheese.

Just my 2 cents.....

The posting of this (And hope it stays) is because Striders story comes and goes. Once the stories die down for a while a whole new batch of people come out talking the B.S. stating the lies that Strider started.

I am a Veteran around the time Mick Strider was in and I despise people who over inflate their military service to promote or sell anything. At no time would an E1 be called upon when our military has hundreds of Special Operatives with years of training.

Also, on his DD214 it lists RIP as being in 1986, the same year he was kicked out. That would mean he would have not spent much time at the Ranger Battalion. Also, looking at my DD214, the HONORABLE is all in CAPITAL LETTERS. This proves that the DD214 that is STRIDER APPROVED is a forgery and should be looked into by our friendly neighborhood FEDERAL AGENTS.

And I am sick and tired of idiots out there saying because I was attached to a Ranger Battalion, I was a Ranger. Without the TAB you ARE NOT A RANGER!!!! The TAB proves that you have the stuff to make a RANGER. RIP is just a teaser course to see if you have the shit to pass the Ranger School. Special Forces have the same thing. That way they can boot people who they feel will not make it through the training without having to waste more time with the real thing. From reading Micks accounts, he passed RIP, probably started Ranger School, got hurt and then got told he would have to be let go, had a fit, then got booted. This sounds more realistic than a busted PRIVATE being called upon to SAVE THE DAY.

His statements of "I DO feel the deaths of my Ranger buddies, that I failed by sitting in jail during their fight, VERY heavily", sickens me. To make claims that he alone, a busted PRIVATE, could have changed what happened to our country's heroes. He is GRANDSTANDING and trying to act like he is the SHIT. He is a nobody who lies to sell and promote product. If you own a STRIDER and bought it because you like the knife, that is one thing. If you bought it because it is supposed to be high speed-low drag made by a Special Operations Operator, then I would ask for my hard earned money back.

Paul

Also, he would NEVER be sent out on missions as a RANGER without going through RANGER SCHOOL. Lets get REAL.

Paul

Well, let's use some critical thinking here. The Ranger Battalions are filled with all ranks of soldier, from E-1 through the Commander of the Regiment. The sole requirement to gain entry into the Regiment as a lower enlisted is passing RIP. In order to become a NCO or commissioned officer and serve in the Regiment, however, you have to be a Ranger School graduate.

So, it's entirely possible that Mick Strider served in the 2/75. He shouldn't have a problem providing his Company, Platoon, and Squad information instantly. For example, I served in the 2nd Engineer Battalion, Charlie Company, A&O Platoon, 1st Squad in Korea. My platoon leader, 1LT Michael Richardson, later went on to win the Best Ranger Competition in 1994. At Fort Bragg, I was in 2nd Platoon, Charlie Company, 27th Engineer Battalion (Combat) (Airborne), 20th Engineer Brigade. I was a 12B1P, Combat Engineer, Airborne.

Proving this is relatively simple. So it shouldn't be hard for others to provide documentation and unit names & locations.

Missions are classified, not people.

Thank you Kevin.
Boats, do not even think of dragging Duane into this. Just because you cannot find anything using Google DO NOT presume he is not what he is.

I have never been in the Armed Forces but spent a very short while in LE. Duane's name is mentioned often in Law Enforcement circles whenever discussions about Snipers comes up.

Thank you Kevin.
Boats, do not even think of dragging Duane into this. Just because you cannot find anything using Google DO NOT presume he is not what he is.

I have never been in the Armed Forces but spent a very short while in LE. Duane's name is mentioned often in Law Enforcement circles whenever discussions about Snipers comes up.

I already made one mistake once upon a time presuming Mick Strider was who he said he was.

As the threads of late have amply demonstrated, name dropping is a lame credibility prop.

Even if Mick served in 75th Regiment, he passed RIP in 86, and then was booted out in the same year. There were no Ranger Missions in 1986. Grenada was 83, Panama in 89. He fell in between Real Life Ranger Missions. No government agencies would call upon a booted private with no Real World Experience under him to send to Somalia, when our Military has hundreds and thousands of Soldiers wanting to go into action.

Paul

Boats? Fade back a bit. Military.com had me listed as an active duty E-5 in the AF last time I checked. I don't know WTF a former GM2 would be doing in the AF, but there you go...it's not 100% accurate.

(The CG listing is for my old man. As I like to tell him, I enjoyed seatime as much as he did, but I didn't feel the need to walk home if there was a problem on the ship.) ;)

This story will play out as it plays out. There's no sense in pushing. Let the situation resolve itself.

Hey man, there was all kinds of stuff going on in Central America in the mid-to-late 80s. Maybe Mick was rolling with a Salvadoran death squad continually running out of 7.62?

Es posible, no?:D

Let's stick to the facts, gentlemen; they are damning enough by themselves.

I have only seen it claimed that Dwyer was a USMC sniper of some service length. It was just odd to me that a name search on military.com doesn't turn up an obvious profile match.

Then again, military.com is hardly infalliable. It just strikes me as somewhat odd that someone with a rep to lose would closely tie his rep to Mick's, which has more holes and bad smells than rotting Swiss cheese.

I had never heard of Military.com and went to look myself up. I couldn't find myself. The reason? I have never registered there and provided the information. I assume the same may be true of Dwyer. So not having a listing there doesn't indicate he didn't serve. It just indicates he didn't register.

I understand how Spark feels about people's lies cheapening his service. I feel the same way. I'm no hero but I served, did my job and was discharged honorably. I don't appreciate others claiming the same thing when it isn't true.

Boats? Fade back a bit. Military.com had me listed as an active duty E-5 in the AF last time I checked. I don't know WTF a former GM2 would be doing in the AF, but there you go...it's not 100% accurate.

(The CG listing is for my old man. As I like to tell him, I enjoyed seatime as much as he did, but I didn't feel the need to walk home if there was a problem on the ship.)

This story will play out as it plays out. There's no sense in pushing. Let the situation resolve itself.

I already conceded that military.com isn't perfect. It's just kinda screwy that not even a simple name match pulls up a plausible match.

I'll hang it up on the "better half" for now, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Mick were just the tip of the old iceberg.

Lifter4him, I totally disagree that this is old news. I am relatively new to BladeForum, but have owned and appreciated knives for a long time. I still have my very first “real” knife, a Buck 120 (the General) that I bought about 25 years ago. This may be old news to you, but it is new news to me. And I appreciate knowing it.

Lifter4him, you also seem critical of Spark for taking time to do research (first paragraph, second sentence). There are many predators out there that want our hard earned money. Thank God someone took the time to do the research. In fact, I would like to thank Mr. Schlossberg right here. Thank you, Sir.

Each of us as a consumer cannot go out and do research on every company we buy from. That is exactly why these forums are beneficial to us. We need to know this stuff. This thread is an example of a forum accomplishing its purpose.

Wolfman, why is this a witch hunt? Is it a witch hunt when 60 Minutes or Primetime reports on fraudulent business practices? The definition of witch hunt is the “searching out and deliberate harassment of those with unpopular views” according to Merriam-Webster 11th Collegiate Dictionary. I hardly think exposing truth qualifies as a witch hunt, just my opinion.

Best regards to all,
Allan

I had never heard of Military.com and went to look myself up. I couldn't find myself. The reason? I have never registered there and provided the information. I assume the same may be true of Dwyer. So not having a listing there doesn't indicate he didn't serve. It just indicates he didn't register.

SNIP

"Buddy Finder" is based on non-sensitive name/rank/MOS data from DoD records. One need not be registered there to appear in it.

Military.com has some flaws as well. For example I could give myself the highest security clearance and claim service in up to 5 conflicts and so could anyone else. For that matter it seems to be based on the trust system and many that have not had any prior service could sign on and pretend to have had it from the looks of things.

You still have to take what you read there in profiles and any other info available with a grain of salt because its all based on what was entered in the fields when they registered. Its pretty easy to make mistakes also, which I did and didn't catch in more than one field until going back at a later time.

I have not heard of any checks and balances system going on over there to verify any of the information provided by members. If there is some I'd like to see it.

STR

Military.com has 2 sections applicable to this - an area where you can fill out your own profile, and the Buddy Finder system. When you enter a name into the buddy finder system, you get two sets of results - a Military.com user submitted profile, and DOD public records.

The link I showed above is of the DOD public records segment not the user submitted profile.

http://www.military.com/Locator/DodDetail/1,13996,8056385,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back