Microtech LCC

i have a black serated lcc the clip bent soon after i got it, a weak point, but i think it is the only one, when you carry it in your pocket you know it's there, i have a few Kershaw onions and there much smaller, i like the Lcc best, i wish i had my Boa to compare it too it's still on back order, anyone have an Emerson Comander to compare the Lcc to, i have been thinking about one for my next knife

------------------
I am just a worthless liar....... I am just an Imbecile ...... I will only complicate you ..... Trust in me and fall as well .... I will find a center in you ... I will chew it up and leave .. I will work to elevate you just enough to bring you down

So what's it gonna take for us to get the clip replaced with a solid one? I did ask when I sent mine back, but they said no.

Ive looked into after market clips I thought I could modify, but none are wide enough at the top.

The clip on the LCC is the ONLY thing I dont like about mine, It is a bad design. There must be a way to get a replacement...?

------------------
Keith D.Armacost
If At First You Don't Succeed,
Skydiving Is Not For You.

Make one.
Might not looked as finished as a MT, but I bet you could make one.
Wouldn't have to worry about clips anymore.
If you get really good at it you sell them.

Jeff

The clip on mine is fine, I just checked and it is still in the box
wink.gif

Good lock up on my LCC, and I am interested in how the steel liner will wear compared to Ti ones.

The knife is as good a value and as high a quality as you will find in a factory liner lock.

------------------
James Segura
San Francisco, CA

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Barry H:

I just talked to one of my distributors this afternoon and he claims that Microtech is planning a substantial price increase on the LCC series.
Barry H
</font>
As I've been told, there's going to be about 20% increase in all MT's products (about (after?) January 2001).
Besides that, there's allready a new MT coming (or allready available) - Amphibian - if I remember right. Waiting for the first review/comments.
Regards,
Tuhkis

I have the same experience as the rest of you (esp. St James). No clip problem at all since it was taken off before I even opened the knife.
biggrin.gif

Seems like the only clip problems I have ever had are the screws and/or the holes.

------------------
" The real art of living is too keep alive the longing in human beings to become greater versions of themselves." Laurens Van der Post.
In memory of James Mattis

Without a doubt, the L.C.C. is one of the best folders for the price on the market. I really love this knife. The quality and fit is impeccable on my model. Far better that some custom knives I've seen. I haven't experienced any problems with the pocket clip so I really can't offer an opinion on it, but I do appreciate the fact that it also comes with a sheath.

I`ll second the clip problem. My LCC was my daily carry until the effing thing came out of my pocket at work, never to be seen again! It was a painful loss!! I really wish I`d used the sheath, but no, I had to use that effing clip!

If you find a plain, stonewashed LCC lying around, it`s MINE, dammit!!!!

So the LCC comes WITH a sheath?

------------------
I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts. -- John Steinbeck
Dog does not eat dog. - Juvenal

iktomi

Rockspyder, yes it does come with a sheath. It's very similar to Gerber's sheaths except you have the option of vertical or horizontal carry. It has the Microtech logo on the flap and Lightfoot's shark logo on the rest.

Cool! I'll be glad when mine gets here. Should be any day now, I ordered it about a week ago.

------------------
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce
Most dog owners are at length able to teach themselves to obey their dog. - Robert Morley

iktomi

Mine just arrived. Except not quite to me. But in the same city, according to UPS. Of course, being Friday, I can't actually get the box until Monday
frown.gif
. I don't know if I can last the weekend...

--JB

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

I got to tell ya...I looked foward to this knife all last summer. To be honest...I was disappointed with the knife...IT IS TOO GOOD! I was hoping for a lite to medium weight tactical/utility folder...to my astonishment...this knife is beefy as hell, and is heavier then both my SERE and my REKAT!

I carried my LCC (#266) for months, only to put it away after I noticed I was scratching it too much...it does EVERYTHING WELL!

I highly rek'mnd it, but be ready for a knife that is bigger and thicker and tougher than it appears...

s in nyc

------------------
What we do today in life...echoes in eternity...
Every man dies...not every man lives...

Well, guess the consensus is, buy one!
One of the few negatives I've read was that it took one person 4 or 5 examples to find one with the blade properly centered in the handle, that is something I'll keep an eye open for.
This knife appears to have won over quite a few folks, the handmade version must be REALLY nice!
Thanks guys.

------------------
Buck Collectors Club Member # 572
Dedicated ELU
Knifeknut(just ask my wife)

When I first saw the ads for the L.C.C., I thought it was going to be smaller than it really is. It's a hefty knife and very, very well built. It's been my daily carry knife and I can't say I've yet to have a bad experience with the pocket clip. On weekdays I clip it to my pocket and use the braided lanyard to pull the knife from my pocket, and on weekends I carry it in its sheath. To me, this one of the best production knives currently on the market. I would defininately choose the L.C.C. over anything Emerson knives puts out.

All I gotta say is WOW! This is truly amazing, considering that it's a factory knife. I've handled many customs at a higher price, which didn't compare. (I've handled others which surpassed it, but this is a factory knife!)

ssss-Click!
smile.gif

--JB

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

The big thing everybody has a hard time getting over is the weight. We are generally used to Ti liners and St. St. liners weigh considerably more in the same sized knife.
Contact MT about your clip if you have one of the weenie ones with the cutouts in them. They will replace them free of charge.Please note that the clip screws are loc-tit'ed in at the factory. To keep from stripping the T6 torx screws, touch them with a soldering iron before removing them. It will soften up the loc-tite and keep you from stripping the screws. Please learn from my mistakes
wink.gif

David

------------------
AKTI# A000150
NC Custom Knifemakers Guild member
NC Knife Knuts member

Will a hair dryer work as well?

On the loc tight?

W.A.

------------------
"To strive to seek to find and not to yield"
Tennyson
Ranger motto

A few useful details on UK laws and some nice reviews!
http://members.aol.com/knivesuk/
Certified steel snob!

General -- www.Loc-Tite.com says 450º F for 5 minutes will do it. Probably a conservative figure, but out of the range of a hair dryer.

My $.02 about the LCC -- High quality construction, flimsy clip, excessively heavy, sharp corners uncomfortable to the hand, carbon-fiber scales/ Ti bolsters offer little in the way of grip security. Good cutter, but a real slab, IMHO.

-IPR

I agree absolutely. At around 6 1/2 ounces, this thing is a boat anchor compared to other well made “tactical” knives with similar blade lengths that average 3 1/2 to 4 ounces. The excessive weight, coupled with the mediocre ergos (too many sharp corners and edges) makes the knife feel dead and uncomfortable in use.

Off center blades in the closed position are the rule, not the exception. On about one third of the LCCs I’ve handled at various dealer’s tables, the point in insufficiently housed within the handle when closed. This is a serious flaw, that led to two nasty cuts when the tip hooked on my pocket material and partially opened inside my pocket. Dry firing was common, and this has been addressed, though it still happens occasionally.

IMHO, this knife has too many flaws, both in design and QC, to be considered a sound product. While the edge geometry is very good, the blade, and thus the entire knife, is too thick, heavy and bulky for a medium sized folder. The “stealth” bolster release is a fun marketing gimmick, but it adds nothing to the knife’s usefulness and creates more problems then it solves. I am a MT fan, but I consider this knife a total dog.

Back