Microtech LCC

I think a big part of it is that ergonomics vary from person to person. In my hands, that thick handle, sharp corners and all, fits like it was meant to be there. I guess in someone else's hands, it could definitely be uncomfortable, but that is usually the case.

The weight doesn't bother me, and I was just walking around with two of them on my belt, in addition to my normal carry. I only ever noticed them when my elbow bumped a pouch (I usually only put pouch-type holsters SOB). Most knives in this size range feel flimsy to me, so I guess I kinda like the solidity of this one.

The blade in one of them is very slightly off-center. The blade in the other is perfectly centered, as far as I can tell without putting a vernier on it.

I guess it really all comes down to personal prefference. To me, many of the things you have cited as flaws, I think of as benefits, and were important reasons why I chose to purchase these knives.

--JB

------------------
e_utopia@hotmail.com

I have to agree with e_utopia about the weight of this knife. There is no question that the LCC is a big knife, and weighs in at a solid 6oz, but you don't even notice it in your pocket. I only have medium size hands, and it feels quite comfortable to hold. Its also really easy to open and close one handed, smooth and quick. I've carried this knife (M/A LCC) everyday since I got it in September last year, and I have no complaints about it, or the weight. The fit and finish are excellent, and its a strong knife that makes you feel confident in using it. The clip was a down side, but I believe Microtech addressed the issue of the weak pocket clip, and new LCC's are now shipping with the solid clip (no cutouts).

-Badger

I think it's a very good knife. No caveats about price or production status are necessary.

My blade centers in both open and closed positions.

The cutout clip is strong and has yet to fail.

The grip works well in my small hands.

Strong lockup.

At 5.7 oz. it's only 1.2 oz. heavier than a large sebenza. Not a big deal.

And finally, stainless construction is fine with me.

The LCC, if thou art woman, I swear I shall not look at another woman again. (except the fixed bladed types)

I've had my LCC for about 3 months now and I have carried it 90% of the time since I got it. To me, this is a great knife. The lock up is super solid and the blade is a good cutter. I will have to agree with everyone else and say that it is heavy but after you carry it for a while you get used to it and you don't even notice the knife anymore. The blade on mine is centered in the closed and open positions. Mine had the cut out clip on it when I got it, but all I had to do was e-mail Microtech and they sent me another one free of charge in just 3 days. Great customer service if you ask me, and a great knife too.

Back