Microtech Socom Elite - 2006 vs 2018 Comparison

Best manual folder under $500 I’ve ever owned...I found a local microtech dealer that actually met me at the grocery store on Sunday evening to show me his inventory and sell me my knife...Fut and finish are superb (all my MTs have been great)it snaps open so hard that it feels like an automatic.. I still can’t believe this knife was $260 Complaining about Microtech’s fit and finish and then suggesting Benchmade is better is hilarious, 5 of the 10 Benchmade’s I currently own have been back for warranty repair including my Anthem ($400 and they got it wrong 3 times‍♂️)
940 couldn’t be centered and rubbed against the aluminum scales and needed to be replaced after 2 trips to the warranty dept. Benchmade seems to have gotten better but have been notorious for QC issues the past 5 years not to mention the Infedel has always been a turd the costs $400...Microtech on the other hand has always taken care of me and fixed stuff even if I voided their warranty, I’ve had an ultratech spring fail (I was knifesturbating too much) but outside of that no real issues.

Back