Recommendation? Mid-Tech to High End Folders - Pics and specs please.

What the hell does low-tech and mid-tech mean? You state a price point, but one term that doesn’t even make sense, then another term that isn’t even dictated by your criteria:rolleyes:

What the hell does low-tech and mid-tech mean? You state a price point, but one term that doesn’t even make sense, then another term that isn’t even dictated by your criteria:rolleyes:
What the hell does it mean? It seems everyone else that posted understood based on my original post.
Recap.
Stated price range.
General description of what low tech and mid tech means to me based on knives I already own.
List of manufacturers wanted and unwanted.
Pics of drawers of some of my knives in the range I described, all under $250.00 (the “low tech” being way under that mark).
If you didn’t understand and had nothing to contribute or recommend, then why post in the thread?
I try to conduct myself here as a nice guy and productive member of the community but I gotta say that your post was kind of a dick move.
Are you just a troll or can you explain any value in your post?

What the hell does it mean? It seems everyone else that posted understood based on my original post.
Recap.
Stated price range.
General description of what low tech and mid tech means to me based on knives I already own.
List of manufacturers wanted and unwanted.
Pics of drawers of some of my knives in the range I described, all under $250.00 (the “low tech” being way under that mark).
If you didn’t understand and had nothing to contribute or recommend, then why post in the thread?
I try to conduct myself here as a nice guy and productive member of the community but I gotta say that your post was kind of a dick move.
Are you just a troll or can you explain any value in your post?

Got it. So we’ll just start making up random terms that are defined by a price point. The term mid-tech is already muddled up, and now we have low-tech? LOL

check out Viper knives from Italy. I own 3 and I feel they are very high quality and reasonable price. Lifetime warrantee as well. I especially like the Novis front flipper and their Italo Ti

View attachment 1276009

3.75" 4mm stock M390 with FFG to narrow edge
Contoured, textured Ti scales
Thrust bearings
Steel insert frame lock
Unique, beautiful design by Silvestrelli
About $215
Ron, that Italo Ti is one fine looking knife. Never seen one before, I really like the design. Thanks for posting it!
I just noticed, it looks like you can use the thumb disk like an "Emerson Wave" feature to deploy the blade as you draw it from your pocket.

I've been pretty impressed with the stuff coming out of Italy from Lionsteel, Viper, and MKM, that latter being some type of collaborative effort I think. I don't care for lionsteel's folders as much, only their modern traditionals, but the viper and MKM stuff has a lot of models from well known makers like Vox and Terzuola. I really like the looks of MKM Terzuola Clap but haven't bought one as I'm less of a folder guy these days and have enough, unless something really, really calls to me.

Lots of ti, M390, and N690 in the Italian brands. I think the radiused metals is what I like, both in the handles and the blade. The viper fortis has been a really fun one for me.

I think these all fall into your low-tech category with various handle materials and price points, but certainly on the lower priced end of your range. All of the blades seem to be between 3.0 and 3.5.

I picked up a Medford Slim Midi Marauder last spring. It was my first spontaneous knife purchase in many years. I bought it at a knife show when I had something completely different in mind. I had looked at Medfords before and felt they were not for me. That changed when I picked this one up. I tried walking away but was drawn back because it seemed to just fit me. Over the past year I've carried and used it more than any other folder for normal day to day task around town, hiking, fishing, hunting, and camping.
Specs
Overall Length: 7.9"
Closed Length: 4.375"
Blade Length: 3.25"
Blade Thickness: .125"
Blade Steel: S35VN
Handle Material: Titanium
Pocket Clip: right hand only, tip up
Country of Origin: USA

Back