Mini-Adamas

Received mine yesterday.
I have many Benchmades, but none of them are overbuilt like this. I feel I could throw anything at it and it would succeed.
Not going to be a slicing machine, but that is not it's design.
Has great ergos and the blade shape with the fullers make it sexy and mean as hell.

The only downside for me, is the pocket clip. I love that it is deep carry, but it gives quite the hot spot in use. Heck, even just handling it.
And I rarely have issues with hot spots from knives. And by trade I work heavily with my hands (go figure). I'm sure my hand will toughen with use and it won't be an issue any longer.
I did try the regular Benchmade clip and it feels much better in hand but then it is a pain to pull from the pocket. Extremely tight.

So far very excited for this knife and I'm definitely going to use it hard.

Received mine yesterday.
I have many Benchmades, but none of them are overbuilt like this. I feel I could throw anything at it and it would succeed.
Not going to be a slicing machine, but that is not it's design.
Has great ergos and the blade shape with the fullers make it sexy and mean as hell.

The only downside for me, is the pocket clip. I love that it is deep carry, but it gives quite the hot spot in use. Heck, even just handling it.
And I rarely have issues with hot spots from knives. And by trade I work heavily with my hands (go figure). I'm sure my hand will toughen with use and it won't be an issue any longer.
I did try the regular Benchmade clip and it feels much better in hand but then it is a pain to pull from the pocket. Extremely tight.

So far very excited for this knife and I'm definitely going to use it hard.

Excellent. I'm super excited. Mine looks to arrive tomorrow. So it sounds like it's the workhorse that I'm looking for with an amazing steel and robust tip.

I tend to re-bend my clips so I might adjust it. I have an arrow and standard clip as well. But I prefer deep carry. I might try mini low rider.

Thanks for the reply. Put up a pic if you have a chance.

I have had mine for about two weeks now and love it. I have a local dealer so I purchased mine in person. It is working out well. This is thing is tank. The weight doesn't bother me at all. Now I am just waiting for them to get the new full size models in.

Mine arrived and I echo everything said above. I tweaked the clip a little for comfort.

Otherwise it's a tank that also functions well as an edc. It's an awesome grind and I love it.

Oh I forgot to mention that my pivot did loosen up after about week and I had Side to side play. I pulled the the pivot out and used blue lock tight and no problems ever since.

How are you new owners finding the size? Too small? I'm on the fence whether I want a mini or not.

I mainly carry a manix 2.

This one quickly became my favorite blade, and actually exceeded my expectations. Fit and finish are great, blade centered, reasonably sharp, and extremely smooth. I plan to pick up another, as well as the full sized version.

How are you new owners finding the size? Too small? I'm on the fence whether I want a mini or not.

I mainly carry a manix 2.

Size is excellent. I also have a Manix 2 and the Adamas blade cutting edge is actually longer with a shorter overall knife.
It also fits in the pocket much much better. Slimmer profile and the weight is not even noticed.
It really has a very confident feel in hand.
I love both knives, but digging the Adamas a lot right now.

I like the size of it. The knife feels really good when you are holding it, but it can get pretty fat in pocket.I deal with this because of the cool factor.

It's kind of hitting the Goldie Lox zone in many areas for me. It is comfortable for my Large size hands in Multiple positions.

And it has a build that can take a beating. I can't remember how many PM2 tips I've broken lol. Not this one.

It's proving to be an amazing utility knife. It's not often I grab a knife and feel like stabbing things. This one does that ;). It is asking for a challenge.

It's kind of hitting the Goldie Lox zone in many areas for me. It is comfortable for my Large size hands in Multiple positions.

And it has a build that can take a beating. I can't remember how many PM2 tips I've broken lol. Not this one.

It's proving to be an amazing utility knife. It's not often I grab a knife and feel like stabbing things. This one does that ;). It is asking for a challenge.
Arm twister... I'm still debating if it's too small for my XL hands. I guess I won't know until I try. I have yet to find a work knife I prefer more over my Manix2, but this looks like a contender.

Edit.. sold out at online knaf shops up in Canada (the two I checked anyway).

Last edited:
Just got it in today, on the fence if it’s too small for my xxl hands. It would probably be a little better if there wasn’t the turn down at the bottom of the scales. Fit, finish and action are great though. This one may be a catch and release for me.
3-F7-BC209-0-B90-41-E3-8-F34-D955-F79-C82-C6.jpg

Back