Mini-Adamas

Love this knife. I have huge hands and it’s perfect. Great full grip. Wish the spring was stronger as both size Adamas models have somewhat of a blah closing. Just kind of a thump when it closes. Mine came perfectly tuned. No play. Dead center. Drop shut. Even grind. Just a little less fun on the fidget front.

Axis lock aside.

The steel is one of the reasons that I was drawn to this knife and I have to say it performs very well and takes a screaming edge without issue.

Years ago I came to realize that the axis lock is not perfect and they are notorious for getting a tiny bit of wiggle. But they are very reliable and very strong with huge fidget Factor.

I have a bone to pick with every knife. So I just try to enjoy them lol.
I'm waiting to see some edge retention and hardness tests to see if they're really going balls out on the heat treatment, but this is good to hear.

Love this knife. I have huge hands and it’s perfect. Great full grip. Wish the spring was stronger as both size Adamas models have somewhat of a blah closing. Just kind of a thump when it closes. Mine came perfectly tuned. No play. Dead center. Drop shut. Even grind. Just a little less fun on the fidget front.

I'm OCD and purchased extra springs on etsy from someone in the states. They are reviewed to be a touch stronger.

I'm curious to try them at some point.

It honestly looked like it had been copper plated to me. I sent it back just to be sure. I haven’t sent one back before so we’ll see what happens.

Really interested in this knife, but I keep seeing people mention how thick it is behind the edge, which I’d expect based on the specs and design of the knife. However, I’ve seen some people say this does not lend well to an edc knife. Does anyone find this knife to thick BTE?

Really interested in this knife, but I keep seeing people mention how thick it is behind the edge, which I’d expect based on the specs and design of the knife. However, I’ve seen some people say this does not lend well to an edc knife. Does anyone find this knife to thick BTE?

The best way to explain this for people is that it basically competes with the spanto XM 18 blade. A hair thinner maybe but same stout tip area. I find it to be just fine for utility. I put 19dps on mine. The factory edge was not great.

The best way to explain this for people is that it basically competes with the spanto XM 18 blade. A hair thinner maybe but same stout tip area. I find it to be just fine for utility. I put 19dps on mine. The factory edge was not great.

Thanks for the comparison. Someone posted a YouTube video yesterday and surprisingly it measured about .02” at the heel and obviously thicker at the tip. I’m excited to pick this one up as a hard use knife. How large is your bevel at 19dps?

Ended up selling mini on the knife exchange, scales were just too small for my hands. Gonna pick up the full size when it’s available tomorrow.

Love my mini adamas, not so mini though!! I have normal size hands and it fits perfectly, much better than my mini freek. The blade is thick at the edge but it does not affect too much the cutting ability. Also I like the deep pocket clip. At the end I’m satisfied!!

Can anyone with a mini adamas and a Freek compare the handle thickness? I've heard the handle is kind of chunky on the adamas, but I was looking at my 560 the other day and it seems pretty thick as well.

how prevalent is the vertical play? I noticed extremely slight vertical movement on mine as well.
It was noticeable and had a distinct click. Like the back of the blade contacting the stop pin.
BM has had it for a week now, just waiting for an update.

Email from BM says it’s on the way back to me. No mention in the email what was done but I guess I’ll see when it arrives.

Well... it’s back and no blade play and it’s not clicking. Not sure I agree with BM but I’m glad non the less 48826919-E53B-4E30-A562-B400B6563DA7.jpeg

Just got it in today, on the fence if it’s too small for my xxl hands. It would probably be a little better if there wasn’t the turn down at the bottom of the scales. Fit, finish and action are great though. This one may be a catch and release for me.
3-F7-BC209-0-B90-41-E3-8-F34-D955-F79-C82-C6.jpg

Damn you make that knife look like a tooth pick lol.

I ordered the full size through my local BM dealer. Im hoping it will be here early next week.

Last edited:
Damn you make that knife look like a tooth pick lol.

I ordered the full size through my local BM dealer. Im hoping it will be here early next week.

lol, i saw a few places i buy from have it in stock.....trying to resist buying it though.

I bought one online from Cabela's. The blade centering was so bad it was almost hitting the liner and normal adjustments did nothing to fix it. I ordered another. The scales had many small pits/holes/voids. The jimping on the blade also looked really bad, like there were chunks of something under the coating. I ended up returning both. Basically, I loved the design but there are some QC issues in my experience. I'll just have to stick to my old full size with D2.

_DSC4947%20Edit%20Layers%201024%20Pixel%208_zpswdkx8mpa.jpg

Back