Mini-Adamas

I would very much like to get one, but I am NOT paying over $200 for it!!

BellaBlades BellaBlades ... what’s up Matt!! I had no idea this was a thing. I never tried an Adamas, but was always curious. This might have pushed me over the edge. How the heck are you?

BellaBlades BellaBlades ... what’s up Matt!! I had no idea this was a thing. I never tried an Adamas, but was always curious. This might have pushed me over the edge. How the heck are you?

My friend. I hope your doing well. It's quite the knife not sure how it would fit in XXL hands though. It's a powerhouse for sure.

Might have a few of them.....

IMG_20210316_003151696~2.jpg

My friend. I hope your doing well. It's quite the knife not sure how it would fit in XXL hands though. It's a powerhouse for sure.

Might have a few of them.....

View attachment 1527995

I have xxl hands and it’s not the best. The bottom of the scale since it flares out isn’t a good fit for me. Love the knife otherwise but mine is gonna be a catch & release unfortunately. I may get the full size one in a few weeks when it’s available.
3-F7-BC209-0-B90-41-E3-8-F34-D955-F79-C82-C6.jpg

I have xxl hands and it’s not the best. The bottom of the scale since it flares out isn’t a good fit for me. Love the knife otherwise but mine is gonna be a catch & release unfortunately. I may get the full size one in a few weeks when it’s available.
3-F7-BC209-0-B90-41-E3-8-F34-D955-F79-C82-C6.jpg

That sounds about right.

At least the large is updated with all the same materials and machining so it should be amazing.

I have to admit I might just have to snag a large auto the new improvements.

I have owned a full size Adamas 275 for 6 years but carry it only in the woods. I tend to carry a Griptilian 551 more due to size and weight.
I have been eyeing a Mini Adamas ( along with a mini-grip or mini-bugout).
For those who have already carried the Mini Adamas, is it really a "mini" size? 4.6oz seems a lot for a "mini".
The full size Adamas is indeed a tank and built to take on anything. But I always felt the design wouldn't
lend itself to an EDC even if made smaller. I could of course be totally wrong. Would appreciate people's
experiences and opinions on the size.

I have owned a full size Adamas 275 for 6 years but carry it only in the woods. I tend to carry a Griptilian 551 more due to size and weight.
I have been eyeing a Mini Adamas ( along with a mini-grip or mini-bugout).
For those who have already carried the Mini Adamas, is it really a "mini" size? 4.6oz seems a lot for a "mini".
The full size Adamas is indeed a tank and built to take on anything. But I always felt the design wouldn't
lend itself to an EDC even if made smaller. I could of course be totally wrong. Would appreciate people's
experiences and opinions on the size.

It's a pretty big "mini" in reality. The full size like you said is a tank. I personally think it is a great size, more of a mid-size knife.

It's a pretty big "mini" in reality. The full size like you said is a tank. I personally think it is a great size, more of a mid-size knife.

Thank you. Pretty much what I thought. Just ordered a 533BK-2 for my mini.
Will consider the mini adamas down the road.

I may need to send mine in. I’m started noticing vertical blade play. Anyone else experiencing this?

I may need to send mine in. I’m started noticing vertical blade play. Anyone else experiencing this?

Negative. I would crack the screws on the knife and lube. Crank back up .

Good luck

By vertical play you mean side to side or up and down play?
If you mean up and down play, let's see the area of the blade the lockbar moves on. Is it smooth, are there burrs? Does the lockbar hang up somewhere?

Honestly, it's probably just the Axis lock. I've had some that lock up really snug (can still force some play) and some that have more play (vert or horz).

With 2 hands, push the Axis bar up and try and wiggle the blade with the other hand. If it locks solid that just means the omega springs aren't as strong. If it's still loose and has blade play then it might be something on the blade tang where the axis bar meets.

I did and it still there. Wouldn’t be too bad if it didn’t click too. View attachment 1531806 View attachment 1531807 Strange under the hood too
What seems to be common with Benchmade knives is having undersized pivots or oversized pivot holes. If you can push/pull your blade towards/away from the pivot itself when the blade is in a position between open and closed, then that's going to result in some play even when it's locked up solidly. I've had a several Benchmades do this and their warranty team won't do a thing about it.

Axis lock aside.

The steel is one of the reasons that I was drawn to this knife and I have to say it performs very well and takes a screaming edge without issue.

Years ago I came to realize that the axis lock is not perfect and they are notorious for getting a tiny bit of wiggle. But they are very reliable and very strong with huge fidget Factor.

I have a bone to pick with every knife. So I just try to enjoy them lol.

Back