1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mod, supermod changes and more.

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by Spark, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    With Gus and Blues stepping down, this creates a hole in the super mod group. They can't be replaced, as their service and help has been invaluable and irreplaceable. Founding members, here from the beginning, and treasured, their council and advice has helped me immeasurably over the years.

Before i start submitting names for possible additions, I'm curious if anyone has suggestions.

Personally, I think Guyon would make a great super mod, as well as Melvin Purvis; both have been incredibly helpful and valued members.

I'm open for additional moderator suggestions for the general forums as well.

2. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    I think Guyon and Sheldon are excellent choices. I think Knarfeng and Peregrin would be good candidates as well.

3. Bastid

Bastid Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder. Staff Member Super Mod

Feb 27, 2001
    I truly feel MP and Guyon would do well and both are already valued here. Kiah should be considered too. He would add balance with introspection on his decisions. No matter what is decided, my support of the knife community as a whole and BFC is not going away. I have made mistakes over the years and have openly owned up to them in public and tried to learn from them. The friendships and relationships that have come about are cherished. Spark and the mods have my support.

4. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Very sorry to see you stepping down Gus, but hope we'll be seeing more of you in Traditionals :thumbup:

Jack

5. wolfmann601

wolfmann601 Gone, but not forgotton. RIP Ira.

Mar 12, 2001
    Wow, Blues and Gus are two great guys and have proven to be superb Moderators. I will miss them both and count them as friends forever. Good luck guys!!

6. Doug C

Doug C

Mar 15, 2005
    Sorry to hear Gus' is stepping down, he was the first to welcome me here.
    And I was off to a pretty shaky start.

Biscuit and Melvin Purvis, aka, Guyon and Sheldon would make excellent and very fair Supers.

DC

7. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I agree with all of the above.

best

mqqn

8. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2002
    Took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers, as it were).

9. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    Morrow would make a great supermod as well.

best

mqqn

10. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Guyon and Sheldon are excellent choices, both are well versed in most of the sub forums here including the darker subforums. ;). If they would accept they would get my support in moderating the whole of BFC.

Gus, Elliot we've been here a long time, some of us even going back to the recknivesdotcom days before BFC even existed. I'm sorry to see you hanging up your mod hats and hammers but I understand and and very happy your sticking around as civilians. I'll always be honored to call you both friends and someday we'll meet outside of the forums, maybe at Blade and have a drink together.

Kevin you and the forum will always have my support and I have faith in your judgement and the handling of the current issues thrown into your lap.

11. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    These gentlemen as well as Kiah would be my nominees for Supermod positions. I've had dealings with all. All are intelligent, respectful and quite knowledgeable not only on knife topics but in their capacity as moderators. Additionally, while I know it isn't in the cards, I would be pleased to see Cougar pick up his hat again. So those are my suggestions.

12. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod

Mar 15, 2000
    Got a chuckle from me. :D

13. cbwoods67

cbwoods67

Oct 12, 2010
    I agree wholeheartedly that Guyon and Melvin-Purvis would be great super mods, if they are willing to do so.

Kiah and Cougar Allen are as level headed as they come and I would be glad to see them step up as well.

14. Shoki

Shoki

Apr 10, 2007
    Here's another vote for both Gunyon and Mumblin-Pervy.

15. slg98

slg98 Cove Dweller Gold Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Guyon, MP, and might I add Kiah would all look good in blue. They are level headed and seem to be able to look at a situation and evaluate accurately. Of recent I was impressed with Kiah's multiple attempts to try and difuse the latest incidents very rationally.

16. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket

Apr 15, 2010
    I agree that Guyon, MP and Kiah would all be fine choices. I can't comment on the others because I simply don't know them very well.

17. RWS

RWS

Jul 10, 2003
    Guyon, MP, and Kiah all have good people skills. Any one of them would do very well imo.

18. mqqn

Nov 12, 2009
    I still think he would make a good one. :p

best

mqqn

19. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Guyon and Kiah would get my vote.

20. LEGION 12

LEGION 12 Gold Member Gold Member