Mod, supermod changes and more.

Spark

HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate
Staff member
Administrator
Super Mod
With Gus and Blues stepping down, this creates a hole in the super mod group. They can't be replaced, as their service and help has been invaluable and irreplaceable. Founding members, here from the beginning, and treasured, their council and advice has helped me immeasurably over the years.

Before i start submitting names for possible additions, I'm curious if anyone has suggestions.

Personally, I think Guyon would make a great super mod, as well as Melvin Purvis; both have been incredibly helpful and valued members.

I'm open for additional moderator suggestions for the general forums as well.

I think Guyon and Sheldon are excellent choices. I think Knarfeng and Peregrin would be good candidates as well.

I truly feel MP and Guyon would do well and both are already valued here. Kiah should be considered too. He would add balance with introspection on his decisions. No matter what is decided, my support of the knife community as a whole and BFC is not going away. I have made mistakes over the years and have openly owned up to them in public and tried to learn from them. The friendships and relationships that have come about are cherished. Spark and the mods have my support.

Very sorry to see you stepping down Gus, but hope we'll be seeing more of you in Traditionals :thumbup:

Jack

Wow, Blues and Gus are two great guys and have proven to be superb Moderators. I will miss them both and count them as friends forever. Good luck guys!!

Sorry to hear Gus' is stepping down, he was the first to welcome me here.
And I was off to a pretty shaky start.

Biscuit and Melvin Purvis, aka, Guyon and Sheldon would make excellent and very fair Supers.

DC

Sorry to hear Gus' is stepping down, he was the first to welcome me here.
And I was off to a pretty shaky start.

Biscuit and Melvin Purvis, aka, Guyon and Sheldon would make excellent and very fair Supers.

DC

I agree with all of the above.

best

mqqn

...Personally, I think Guyon would make a great super mod, as well as Melvin Purvis; both have been incredibly helpful and valued members.

Took the words right out of my mouth (or fingers, as it were).

Morrow would make a great supermod as well.

best

mqqn

Guyon and Sheldon are excellent choices, both are well versed in most of the sub forums here including the darker subforums. ;). If they would accept they would get my support in moderating the whole of BFC.

Gus, Elliot we've been here a long time, some of us even going back to the recknivesdotcom days before BFC even existed. I'm sorry to see you hanging up your mod hats and hammers but I understand and and very happy your sticking around as civilians. I'll always be honored to call you both friends and someday we'll meet outside of the forums, maybe at Blade and have a drink together.

Kevin you and the forum will always have my support and I have faith in your judgement and the handling of the current issues thrown into your lap.

I think Guyon and Sheldon are excellent choices. I think Knarfeng and Peregrin would be good candidates as well.

These gentlemen as well as Kiah would be my nominees for Supermod positions. I've had dealings with all. All are intelligent, respectful and quite knowledgeable not only on knife topics but in their capacity as moderators. Additionally, while I know it isn't in the cards, I would be pleased to see Cougar pick up his hat again. So those are my suggestions.

I agree wholeheartedly that Guyon and Melvin-Purvis would be great super mods, if they are willing to do so.

Kiah and Cougar Allen are as level headed as they come and I would be glad to see them step up as well.

Guyon, MP, and might I add Kiah would all look good in blue. They are level headed and seem to be able to look at a situation and evaluate accurately. Of recent I was impressed with Kiah's multiple attempts to try and difuse the latest incidents very rationally.

I agree that Guyon, MP and Kiah would all be fine choices. I can't comment on the others because I simply don't know them very well.

Guyon, MP, and Kiah all have good people skills. Any one of them would do very well imo.

Back