Mod, supermod changes and more.

Time for more female influence here. I vote for BA an Pertinux

I agree. Sometimes a female perspective can do a "good-ole-boys" club some good. I think that might be the case here.

I'll also second Kiah. This forum has some great mods that would do a good job as Super Mods so I don't really think that Spark can go wrong with any of the names mentioned in this thread.

I've seen Guyon when he was mad enough he almost forgot how to breathe, but once the event in question was truly over, he was done with it and dealt with all involved in a pretty rational manner. I've even joked with him about it a time or 2.
I consider this a good thing in a mod and a better one in a supermod.
I would also stand in support of MP, Kiah, and CA.

I don't know whether I'd be asked to change colors or whether I'd really accept if I were. Personally it doesn't matter a stitch to me either way, but I do want to say that I'm honored and a bit humbled that so many people here recommended me. That was worth the price of admission. :eek:

Also, I second the nomination for 1234. I think he'll make a great mod for Prac-Tac. :thumbup:

I've seen Guyon when he was mad enough he almost forgot how to breathe, but once the event in question was truly over, he was done with it and dealt with all involved in a pretty rational manner. I've even joked with him about it a time or 2.
I consider this a good thing in a mod and a better one in a supermod.
I would also stand in support of MP, Kiah, and CA.

Hammock and firing line flashback. Thanks for that. You just bought my PTSD therapist new tires and a tank of gas for his Winnebago.

My name has come up here, and it's downright flattering. Surprising even. I obviously haven't been a big enough smartass lately. I blame Ethan Becker. I try to help run his subforum the same way he runs his house or his campfire.

I'll submit the same names I've submitted elsewhere: Kiah, Melvin-Purvis, Jaxxx, Knarfeng, Peregrin, and Codger-64 are all good choices in my estimation.

Hah, for some reason, I feel like my name was etched on the winning team's trophy - by mistake. :D

It's kinda sad seeing Elliott and Gus stepping down. They were both mods in Traditional when I started hanging out there, and are great guys...
I can certainly understand them wanting a change though.

Guyon, Sheldon, and Morrow would be great choices. I also agree with Kiah being considered, and although he hasn't been a Mod as long as others, RevDevil has shown himself to have great skills when it comes to keeping people going in the right direction...

Someone mentioned adding a woman as a Mod :eek: Just kidding :D

Why not ? Neither have Mod experience, so a Super Mod position might not be the best start, but given time I'm sure either BA Colt or Pertinux would do great.
Beth Ann and Sarah are both well liked, and somehow manage to keep themselves out of trouble when it erupts.

Just to clarify a point a few people seem to have missed, Morrow and RevDevil are both Super Moderators already.

Just to clarify a point a few people seem to have missed, Morrow and RevDevil are both Super Moderators already.

I still think they would make good ones.... :foot:

best

mqqn

Supermods should be able to pick the color they want to be. Red and blue are old school.

If I were a SM, Idaho tater tan would be mine.

Sorry to hear about Eliott and Gus leaving the super mod squad.

I think many of the names, almost listed would make a great job on that. Knarfeng and Peregrin would be my hit, two great men and actually two gentlemen.

A female? Well, that´s not more easy. Pertinux or Kiah or BA would also make great additions.

Sorry to hear about Eliott and Gus leaving the super mod squad.

I think many of the names, almost listed would make a great job on that. Knarfeng and Peregrin would be my hit, two great men and actually two gentlemen.

A female? Well, that´s not more easy. Pertinux or Kiah or BA would also make great additions.

I agree that Pertinux and BA would do well if they were willing (BA is always the voice of reason in any situation). I will note though that I'm male. The avatar throws people I'm beginning to realize, but that is Paz Lenchantin.:)

Come on Andi, there's limits to the sacrifices you can expect people to make! :eek:

I agree that Pertinux and BA would do well if they were willing (BA is always the voice of reason in any situation). I will note though that I'm male. The avatar throws people I'm beginning to realize, but that is Paz Lenchantin.:)

:D :thumbup:

I will note though that I'm male. The avatar throws people I'm beginning to realize, but that is Paz Lenchantin.:)

Just to clarify: I'm male as well. I realize my biscuit may look female but if you flip it over and look closely...

Please, do not anyone flip Guyon's biscuit. Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am honored (flabbergasted, really) by the mention-- thank you.

That said, I agree with what's been hinted at, that it would be unwise for anyone to step into a SuperMod role without first being a Moderator.

Also, all kidding aside? In my time here, reading more broadly than I post (but racking up a number of posts over the years all the same!), it has never occurred to me that a given kerfuffle would be aided were a specifically female perspective brought to bear. Fair, sane perspective, a view that others might not have considered, assistance born of experience and observation? Always welcome-- and gender-proof.

Blues and Bastid have their reasons for stepping down, most of which I can only guess at, but their absence as Supers has been, will be, an incalculable loss for this forum. Of the remaining SuperMods, Esav, Morrow and RevDevil stand out to me for their evenness and fairness and good company here in BladeForums, and I am glad if they are soon to be joined by other worthy help.

[I can heartily endorse most of the names already mentioned, although it seems mean to recommend someone I actually like to risk turning something they do for fun into repeated appointments with the unruly.]

... I confess, I opened this thread hoping to read of a moderator change of another sort. I look forward to whatever measures leave me less reluctant to report posts, concerned that that which is 'summoned' might only serve to inflame a given situation further. In light of current events this is hopefully already being considered, but I recommend thinking of ways to enact accountability and recourse (preferably privately and before things become exacerbated) when any (Super)Mod consistently creates difficulties , and that no position be a deemed a 'lifetime' post to be vacated only at the decision of the (Super)Mod himself or herself. Sticky stuff, to be sure, but healthier for everyone.

Regardless, the names mentioned so far encourage me to better outcomes for us all going forward.

Thank you for opening up this conversation, Spark.

~ P.

Last edited:
I will note though that I'm male. The avatar throws people I'm beginning to realize, but that is Paz Lenchantin.

Just to clarify: I'm male as well. I realize my biscuit may look female but if you flip it over and look closely...

I'm crushed. All those late night fantasies; so much wasted effort... :p

Back