Model ID help

The ones with #14 and #15 are called Muddy Mojo. Very nice. There was one posted for $900 in the exchange last week, as far as I know it hasn't sold. value is hard to place since they don't change that much. Depends on how fast you need to move them? I'd say on those two list them at $900 each if they were mine and see what you get offered.

It was a 2006 limited run of 45. The handles are snakeskin, even though they don't look it. This one had a "regular" price of $797, but was offered ganzaaa-style for $597. A couple years ago I tried to sell mine (#9) at cost (below when you take shipping into account), but had no takers. No interest at all, really. Last one I saw sell was in 2015 for well under the original price from Busse.

I believe the muddy snakeskin one in the eighth picture down is a SF Natural Outlaw Variant. The Hell Razor next to it is Desert Sage Blade with Olive Drab and Desert Tan Magnum G-10 (a/k/a SMOG G-10, I think) from the 2007 Razorganzaaaaa. I bought one just like it.

Last edited:
Save yourself the hassle with those outdated highly unpopular models. Send them my way, if they can be cleaned up and sharpened I’ll send you a few bucks but to be honest, it’s pretty doubtful.

Thanks everyone for commenting...wasn't expecting so many private messages, etc.

I need to sort through all the replies and do more research to figure out what the FMV's are for each before I can consider any offers. I'm not desperate or in a rush to sell, but I do want to move them along as they aren't doing me any good. I think I also have some sheaths that I need to dig out and match up with the knives they belong to.

If anyone has any other advice on values or anything else, please do post it in the meantime.

Thanks again

Please do not turn this into a WTB feeding frenzy or I'll have to close it...let OP gather the info offered, make offers elsewhere. Thank you.

Please do not turn this into a WTB feeding frenzy or I'll have to close it...let OP gather the info offered, make offers elsewhere. Thank you.
Aw c'mon jaxx you already have like 27 of everything ;)

Where besides eBay is a reasonable place to research and determine value? I've searched several of these models and so far have come up empty there. For example, lots of 'Ergo' public defenders listed and completed, but didn't see any originals...I'm assuming an original would be worth more?

There's several places, lui Kang, knife Hunter, arixAri custom, and others, that carry Busse. They are generally higher than market but carry more rare stuff (knife hunter is a member here and offers stuff here at different price)

Best place is here honestly. Especially if you want to see them go to the HOGs. Sold prices are usually there if you dig deep enough in your search. If more people would only leave the dang sales prices in the threads... :rolleyes: (we can all thank LK for starting that inane practice :thumbsdown:, but I digress.)

Using your PD as an example, its rarity will help push the price up, but it's used with some coating scratches too, so that's going to devalue it to a collector. However, the Egro PD was released not that long ago. It's a larger piece of INFI, and custom shop satin in many cases, so those prices should be considered when you list it.

Ultimately, it all depends on what someone is willing to pay. If you list it too high, it might not sell, or may take a long time to sell. If there's a HOG looking for that specific piece to add to their collection, you might get more for a particular piece. That's what keeps LK (ahem, gate_bil o_O) in business on that auction site. If you want to offload it quickly, a lower price will move it almost immediately. Sometimes (especially with the newer O2W models), it only takes $25 to make the difference between a quick sale and sitting there for weeks. Fickle, yes.

Is that Green Linen on the Public Defender?

Pretty sure it's rope-cut black canvas. Look at the zoomed-in pic showing the scratches.

Prices can be misleading too. For instance I offer shipping and fees included in my price. If you do research and see mine sold for $300, that may only be worth $270.

Also, my rule of thumb is I give sheathes half value. If I'm going to pay you full value I might as well order what I want myself. If you keep it it's worthless without a knife.

Nope. Jungle Defender was Jungle Green, and hollow ground. This is a Public Defender.

I did not realize the Jungle Defender was hollow ground. That just shot up on my list of WANTS.

Although the Public Defender still has a place on that list...

Old school Busse... *drool*

I did not realize the Jungle Defender was hollow ground. That just shot up on my list of WANTS.

Although the Public Defender still has a place on that list...

Old school Busse... *drool*

That's why it reportedly cuts so much better than a normal PD, which everyone said had really thick tips due to the tanto grind.

Hopefully I can score the hellrazor when it hit the exchange :), been waiting for one to show up.

IMG_4511.JPG IMG_4513.JPG IMG_4514.JPG IMG_4515.JPG IMG_4516.JPG IMG_4517.JPG IMG_4518.JPG IMG_4519.JPG I finally located some of the sheaths I had, and here are the first couple matched with their knives. Trying to research these is proving to be more challenging than I anticipated...searches here are out of chronological order and hard to sift through since many asking prices have been deleted. eBay hasn't been much help, and I haven't really been able to find the other sources mentioned above.

At any rate...here is a new one, which I believe is a custom Game Warden? I'm thinking giraffe bone in front and bone or wood in back. If anyone can help with more info and/or fair values for knife and sheath I would be very grateful.

And the second one...this is a muddy SJTAC, correct? What might this sheath be worth? Any less due to being left handed?

Back