Model ID help

The SOW is sort of strange in that I've yet to see one sell for close to its original offer price (which was $697 in 2006, according to BusseCollector). People must not like the red handles or something. The Muddy Mojo is the only other one I've noticed that with.

I sold a CG FBM sort of like that one for $820 a couple or three years ago, without a sheath. (Mine was Jungle Shadow Camo finish and Magnum Black & Green G10. It looks like that's the same combo.) I think they've come down a bit since the BGs came out, but I don't know how much.

Last edited:
One of those SOw’s just sold in the 350-400 range (I think) . Recent posting.
It was never used just had a smudge/Mark /Pitt or something on the blade. Thought that was great price. I would say 500ish is fair.

The cgfbm (looks like canvas) is anyone’s guess. Could go 600 -750 or some Chinese dealer could give 1200 for it as well. One never knows. Good luck.

Thanks much for that. I saw the recent SOW listing, but didn't see any photos or description in the listing.

The SOW is sort of strange in that I've yet to see one sell for close to its original offer price (which was $697 in 2006, according to BusseCollector). People must not like the red handles or something. The Muddy Mojo is the only other one I've noticed that with.

I sold a CG FBM sort of like that one for $820 a couple or three years ago, without a sheath. (Mine was Jungle Shadow Camo finish and Magnum Black & Green G10. It looks like that's the same combo.) I think they've come down a bit since the BGs came out, but I don't know how much.

Thanks, that's very helpful! So I am correct that mine is a CG FBM? And does mine also have Magnum handle scales?

I could be wrong without a better close-up pic, but the handle on the FBM looks like it could maybe be black linen. Weave pattern looks too tight to be canvas. Almost positive it’s not g10.

I'm reasonably sure it's a CG FBM with magnum handles. I'm not so sure of the material. If it's micarta from the original run, it would have to be black canvas or green linen. I don't recall it ever being offered in black linen.

ETA: And Urban Shadow Camo, rather than Jungle.

This is the one I had (CG FBM Jungle Shadow Camo with Magnum Black and Green G10) that I'd remembered as looking like yours:

vq6DVbe.jpg

Why the heck did I sell that?

Last edited:
IMG_4607.JPG IMG_4608.JPG IMG_4609.JPG IMG_4610.JPG After a wipe down to remove the dust, I'm now leaning toward black canvas but still unsure. Do these new photos help anyone to id it?

That slab on cgfbm also looks like black canvas to me.
I am under impression that all hand shaped (as opposed to hand smoothed) & countoured handles from busse are magnum, not sure where I got this impression from.

Yep. That helps a lot! Older black canvas, which used a tighter, more finely-woven canvas material in the composite than we see today.

Just posted the CGFBM in the exchange if anyone was interested in that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back from the dead...if anyone was interested in the SOW, I have just offered it for sale in the exchange.

I'm sorry but you cannot solicit sales in discussion forums here on BladeForums, of which this is one. Sorry I missed your last post, would have told you then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back