Modern Traditionals....;)

Al Mar Hawk 3 1/4" of razor sharpness right out of the box.
DeyakHC.jpg

I attended the Southern California Custom Knife show last Sunday, and Hinderer is now offering a slipjoint. I'm not sure how this will go over, as the price point puts it up with Cold Steel's Ranch Boss. But it's a very interesting take on a more traditional version of one of their other knives.

iOkDDQm.jpg

As you can see it's shaped almost like their flippers, but don't be fooled. It's a slipjoint, complete with half stops. Much slimmer than their other knives. It does have a clip, which is removable. It also has the ability to add a "stud" so you can open it with a thumb, but that's removable.

Last edited:
I saw that and it may prove to be a good knife but there are a couple features that kill it for me.
The choil on the blade aka Spyderco, saber grind and blade shape, that big cut for the removable thumb stub.

Last edited:
I attended the Southern California Custom Knife show last Sunday, and Hinderer is now offering a slipjoint. I'm not sure how this will go over, as the price point puts it up with Cold Steel's Ranch Boss. But it's a very interesting take on a more traditional version of one of their other knives.

iOkDDQm.jpg

Has potential but I think I'll hold out for the stag, ebony or rosewood version (with the satin blade) ;)

Ray

That Fox is not a "traditional" per BF regulations, the liner lock disqualifies it. Nice knife though, Fox makes some nice blades. Same with the Fallkniven GP it has a liner lock too. Made by Moki I think, like the AlMar, if not Moki then Sakai. I've always thought the Fallkniven GP looks more like a Japanese knife in design than European.

That AlMar is nice, know when it was made?

Last edited:
The Fallkniven Gentleman's Pocket Knife deserves 50 likes. Very, nice!!!
At times contemporary knives seem underappreciated.

I have waited for some time, but there was never any conversation as to whether this was "traditional"? The Viper EZ Open has the same action system, except the linerlock, and had a lot of push-back :D

But I agree on the Fallkniven traditional styles; the TK3, GP, FH9, etc. are unrivaled in build quality (imho). Matter of fact, reading this thread prompted me to cut a new order...

Cool to have you as a Fallkniven dealer Mike! Hope it brings in new customers while introducing your regulars to the Fallkniven line, they will both be pleased. -James

We have carried Fallkniven for the bigger part of the decade; but their price point kept them a very slow mover. There is a bit more of an appreciation for higher end components today than in the past. But the factory won't sell to dealers, only large wholesalers - which, imho, makes them a bit higher priced than they have to be.

These interconnects have always impressed me...
IMG_0107.JPG

But the addition of the bone and ironwood are surely welcomed.
IMG_0080.JPG

We have carried Fallkniven for the bigger part of the decade; but their price point kept them a very slow mover. There is a bit more of an appreciation for higher end components today than in the past. But the factory won't sell to dealers, only large wholesalers - which, imho, makes them a bit higher priced than they have to be.

These interconnects have always impressed me...
View attachment 1012091

But the addition of the bone and ironwood are surely welcomed.
View attachment 1012093
Yes! They are lovely and high-end material and fit & finish, but they don't come cheaply. It is hard to pay near custom price for a production knife--not impossible, but hard.

The Fallkniven discussion is good timing for me. I bought an LTC last Friday that is still in transit. I'll post it here when it arrives.

Those TK3's look really nice!

Back