Modified Production Knives (traditional only)

OH, one other modification I made ... but shortly after I got the knife in 2014 and after the photo sitting on top of a $Buck 55 ...
I used a dremel to add a choil (little "cut" in the blade edge at the tang). Not a big thing, just made sharpening a little easier.

10DAB8U.jpg

sH4wGjj.jpg

Been working on one (7) of the more complicated blade delete and recover projects I’ve done so far. They’re turning out pretty good so far washed and oiled them after rough sanding to check for function and made some tweaks. Next is finish sanding and polishing. Had to keep them in numbered bags and number a couple of the parts to make sure they stayed with the right knife.
93EEF8D9-9FC4-4869-9E80-F6161FB0CBA0.jpeg 4391C239-4286-476B-BB1D-A6578E77F35F.jpeg BBDB4F68-F271-4E22-BED6-0EA770851457.jpeg 60AB2EB1-E9AD-4EC2-92A2-39EFF76502DA.jpeg 95893848-0AF2-48FC-B5D7-51228F0F5E44.jpeg A9FC293C-DAC5-4954-BD02-1F65439ADADF.jpeg

@jdistin that’s tremendous. That turned out really well so far. It is obvious where the sheepsfoot goes, but when the blades are open it looks so natural.

@jdistin that’s tremendous. That turned out really well so far. It is obvious where the sheepsfoot goes, but when the blades are open it looks so natural.
Thanks. Yes you can certainly tell where the sheep’s foot would have been. I removed the center spacer to reduce that since the blades are on opposite ends it didn’t really serve a purpose anymore. The spaces ends up being the same as some of the spaces in the camp knife which isn’t too bad I think. Making it from the ground up though I think you’d want to go single spring on it. Getting rid of the sheep’s foot definitely makes it better in the hand and pocket though.
53ECE86F-9663-4F1E-B096-93759A2ED193.jpeg

Been working on one (7) of the more complicated blade delete and recover projects I’ve done so far. They’re turning out pretty good so far washed and oiled them after rough sanding to check for function and made some tweaks. Next is finish sanding and polishing. Had to keep them in numbered bags and number a couple of the parts to make sure they stayed with the right knife.
View attachment 1543855 View attachment 1543856 View attachment 1543857 View attachment 1543858 View attachment 1543859 View attachment 1543860
Very good job on those "pig knives":D
The denim micarta one is probably my favorite, with the natural micarta a close second...

I know that some really like the bottle shield. I’m not one of those people. The old dead skunk was pretty decided. Not so much for the new run. That solid crease/line that so many of them have needed to go, and the propeller shield just seemed to go with the classic look of ebony.
https://i.imgur.com/0V6LFQF.jpg

A couple 85’s I recently did...
https://imgur.com/a/r1wlpXY
Are these recovers? How are you reusing the sunken rivets? I’ve thought about doing it but it seemed like it would probably be more work than it was worth.

Allergies kicking in today so I had some free time to read some stuff on BF. I read through the 143 pages (yup all of them) and I must say we have some talented people amongst us. I guess I'll be looking for some cheap tl-29's to mod. Will probably start with this one first.
fpySexL.jpg

Allergies kicking in today so I had some free time to read some stuff on BF. I read through the 143 pages (yup all of them) and I must say we have some talented people amongst us. I guess I'll be looking for some cheap tl-29's to mod. Will probably start with this one first.
fpySexL.jpg
That’s a good one to start with.

Had to wait about 2 weeks for the pins to come in but the knife is done.
FX3e7eX.jpg
iSNwtsv.jpg

Just some basic black walnut I had laying around. Took awhile to figure out the order of pin placement but got it done. Little rough but will make a good user.

Had to wait about 2 weeks for the pins to come in but the knife is done.
FX3e7eX.jpg
iSNwtsv.jpg

Just some basic black walnut I had laying around. Took awhile to figure out the order of pin placement but got it done. Little rough but will make a good user.
Very nice, in my opinion, walnut was a great choice. That knife has plenty of real estate to show off the grain
structure. Well done!:cool::thumbsup:

Back