More HEST folder pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized Lionsteel make this folder. Sorry, I am new to this sub-forum.:eek:

I love it and would not change anything.

Last edited:
This looks really nice.

...The jimping near the thumb stud looks like it could be painful though.

Great question. Also are those pictures of the actual knife or of the drawing of the knife? Its really gonna be hard for me to drop 200ish on a folder.

Save $40 per month and you're there. That's $20 per paycheck for me.

I think you can manage. Just stop buying everyone else's folders for the rest of the year!

Good Lord!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: I am damn excited. Ready to order....You Tease!! Looks like a serious hard use folder.

Is the jimping supposed to be for stripping different gages of wire?
Did I miss that somewhere?
If that is why the jimping has different size notches, AWESOME idea.
Otherwise... it looks like it would be a real thumbkiller... but would certainly keep your thumb in place. :D

I think I'm gonna need one o' those.

SICK looking folder. This has probably been asked many times before, but are you guys ever going to come out with any more value folders like the legendary Rat-1?

"The jimping near the thumb stud looks like it could be painful though."

not really its chamfered but yes the function is to strip and bend different thicknesses of wire. You can see that the folder has more of a urban usage than a woodsy usage like the fixed HEST. You still have your lashing points, thick blade profile and size but there is a standard hex drive and everything is HARDER... like this guy:)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Take your skirt off, cancel your manicure, grow a moustache and buy a ****ing H•E•S•T/F

The bottle opener looks like it could be used to "wave" the blade open. You'd have to be pretty deliberate about it, but it should work.

The bottle opener looks like it could be used to "wave" the blade open. You'd have to be pretty deliberate about it, but it should work.

I hadn't noticed that, but another reason to buy one: I'd probably just remove the thumb-studs and use the bottle opener to open the blade.

Will it carry the same warranty the fixed blades have?

In one of these threads it was stated that it has a lifetime warranty for the original owner if they register. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

(Edit: it says it on the preview render)

DPxCatalogFOLDERPOST.jpg

These just made me cry...I was bummed out on missing on the bandanas, but this is awesome! Can't wait for dec!

I'm now on the reserve list for a right-handed HEST folder through TKC.

Just trying to do my part to help with Jeff and Mike's retirement funds. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back