More HEST folder pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to purchase another Emerson next month to have as a backup folder to my current emer and sog, but I think I will wait for this bad boy.

Very beautiful it is, I really like the handle and blade shape, but the thumb jimping looks like it's gonna hurt being used for longer periods of time, and the hammer thingy might just ruin your shirt. Why not more rounded? I really love the clip position though. Would love to see that same position on the forthcoming Izula folder, too.

The price is too high (at least in Europe, haven't checked the Dollar prices), no matter where it is manufactured. Hope the Izula folder will be priced more fairly when it eventually comes our way. I also hope the choice of steel will be overthought for the planned folder, I personally found D2 to be a poor blade steel in many ways.

Another minor point is I think the bottle opener will be in your way using the knife in different positions and helping slicing sth. with your thumbs way more often than it would be useful. And the slant grinding helping half-whole (don't know the proper English name for that) might work like a barbed hook when you stabbed to deep into something and want to pull the knife free. Not exactly well-thought-out if you ask me, but maybe I'm missing something there?

Overall I think this knife might be more comfortable in a collector's glass display cabinet than in „dangerous places“.

Very beautiful it is, I really like the handle and blade shape, but the thumb jimping looks like it's gonna hurt being used for longer periods of time, and the hammer thingy might just ruin your shirt. Why not more rounded? I really love the clip position though. Would love to see that same position on the forthcoming Izula folder, too.

The price is too high (at least in Europe, haven't checked the Dollar prices), no matter where it is manufactured. Hope the Izula folder will be priced more fairly when it eventually comes our way. I also hope the choice of steel will be overthought for the planned folder, I personally found D2 to be a poor blade steel in many ways.

Another minor point is I think the bottle opener will be in your way using the knife in different positions and helping slicing sth. with your thumbs way more often than it would be useful. And the slant grinding helping half-whole (don't know the proper English name for that) might work like a barbed hook when you stabbed to deep into something and want to pull the knife free. Not exactly well-thought-out if you ask me, but maybe I'm missing something there?

Overall I think this knife might be more comfortable in a collector's glass display cabinet than in „dangerous places“.

See DPx forum for discussion on the HEST folder.

Wow that blade looks amazing. Now I gotta get one. The more time I spend on this forum the more it looks like it's going to cost me. Damn and I thought I was going to be satisfied with the Izula, well that was before I started looking around on the ESEE forum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back