Mule Team™ 28 CPM® SPY27

Haha, I have been waiting patiently for this release too.

Just kidding(mostly), even looking everyday I still never am able to snag any when they do finally come out, always seem to just miss out. Waa, waa,waa!

I check everyday too. With my luck, I just know that they will release when I am at work or something and gonna miss getting one.

In the past, they've announced Mule Team releases a week or two in advance, saying exactly when they would go live and how much they will be. They always go live while I'm at work, but I've managed to get two of every release since they started.

I haven't seen any cut tests for Spy27. Do you have any references? Did BBB ever do his cut test with Spy27?

Knife Steel Nerds is predicting Spy27 will have slightly lower edge retention than S35, which has lower edge retention than S30. I would expect Larren's estimates to be close to real-world results.

I haven't seen any cut tests for Spy27. Do you have any references? Did BBB ever do his cut test with Spy27?

Knife Steel Nerds is predicting Spy27 will have slightly lower edge retention than S35, which has lower edge retention than S30. I would expect Larren's estimates to be close to real-world results.
SubMicron did two cut tests with SPY27 and found it to be superior to M390 and S30V on cardboard. The hypothesis is the edge stability is super high with SPY27 plus cardboard isn't super abrasive so SPY27 just keeps on going where other super steels with less stability falter.

I saw that on the Spyderco Forum. Interesting result. I'm curious to see how it does with others, particularly Knife Steel Nerds. I should probably quit waiting and cut test it myself.

I've been using it quite a bit in a Para 3. Gail has been testing a Native. So far so good. I'm pleased with the steel's performance. Gets very sharp. Stays reasonably sharp for a good amount of use.

Shawn got the Rc higher than we used and he's going to do his own tests with the harder Rc.

sal

I'm almost done with my 2nd Mule (PD#1).. I did the first one, a couple years back..

Recently started playing with etch'n.. As well as scales and just got some kydex..
I like building...

Thinking about trying something a little different with the next Mule!

I still have to finish the scales, put a edge on it, and try making a sheath.. lol..

Pics should help..
https://imgur.com/a/ECE4hCm

So.......who's the go to for some scales? I think I want some Micarta for this one.
Usually Halpern for me. They appear to be out of all the Mule scales right now. I was hoping they would make more since there are more Mule runs. Maybe they plan to make more but are slowed down by Covid?

Back