My 5000th Post Traditional Fixed-Blade Giveaway - Do we have a winner?!

I was afraid you'd pull a rabbit out of that hat!

Not even a pink one! :D The lucky Kiwi strikes again! :)

Thanks for all your very kind comments folks, I've really enjoyed doing this. Many thanks again for all your great pics :)

Thanks for a great idea for a giveaway, Jack.

And congratulations to Duncan, deserving winner indeed!

WOW- I am not too sure what to say thats an outstanding prize-but can I suggest this Sir Jack..... I didn't get outside to imitate others shots-and to be honest there are people who have put a lot more work in to stick to the rules. I honestly think I shouldn't have won your beautiful knife Jack. Pm following once I get out of work. PLEASE don't take this as unthankfullness -it's completely the opposite!
This community of ours really is a fantastic place isn't it.

Last edited:
WOW- I am not too sure what to say thats an outstanding prize-but can I suggest this Sir Jack..... I didn't get outside to imitate others shots-and to be honest there are people who have put a lot more work in to stick to the rules. I honestly think I shouldn't have won your beautiful knife Jack. Pm following once I get out of work. PLEASE don't take this as unthankfullness -it's completely the opposite!
This community of ours really is a fantastic place isn't it.

Hi Duncan, well I'd always said I was going to pick the winner on a random basis, but knowing how difficult it is to give anything away to some of you folk here :)D), I asked my girlfriend to draw 3 names just in case of some sort of hitch! I still think you qualify, but if you want to pass, I already have a substitute winner picked, and a substitute for the substitute!

Have a think Duncan, but if you do want to pass on this, I'll reveal the substitute winner.

Jack

I know Duncan and I know he is just trying to give respect all around!!!

Whoever may win this, I hope everyone appreciates all the kind gestures all around!!!

Congrats to you Jack, Duncan and maybe the lucky new winner? :)

Kevin

Hi Duncan, well I'd always said I was going to pick the winner on a random basis, but knowing how difficult it is to give anything away to some of you folk here :)D), I asked my girlfriend to draw 3 names just in case of some sort of hitch! I still think you qualify, but if you want to pass, I already have a substitute winner picked, and a substitute for the substitute!

Have a think Duncan, but if you do want to pass on this, I'll reveal the substitute winner.

Jack

Jack, I will meet you half way my friend, we of course will catch up when Sue and I visit your fine Country, so hows this, I will GLADLY take the English items - the added goody bag ( if the new winner hopefully doesn't mind ) they look great!, as much as I don't have a beautiful Marttini - and that one IS BEAUTIFUL, I love the blade on that knife-whew! I think that we should pass this onto a harder working winner - Jack you and I will swap knives when we meet of course, so therefore your kindness will go yet another birth wider to a very very happy person.
Please feel my heartfelt thanks, such a quality prize, but this way - Im still going to get a knife from you when the secret meeting occurs ;).
I have been the recipient of many of our Traditional friends kindness here - you included Jack, and I have only ever won one giveaway-and that was that super cool Vintage Diamond edge Advertisement ornament from Ken:thumbup:, and now this - Whahoo!!!! - to be honest I have been a wee bit down lately, this has lifted me up beautifully!
THANK YOU Jack! - you are the man!
Cant wait to see who gets Jacks lovely Marttini Blade...good luck everyone!

OK Duncan, that's a compromise, and a good one under the circumstances, as the second name drawn is a bit close to home...

...and I'm not sure what he'd make of the Yorkshire-English dictionary for example, which you might sorely need yourself when you visit, when I shall also give you a nice knife.

Thanks for the kind words - you're making me blush! You're generous as ever :thumbup:

Congratulations Thom, I don't think it's up to the standard of your own fine work, but I hope you like this vintage Martinni :)

Jack

Awesome, well done Thom, and just awesome for me-thank you so much Jack-don't send my friend, I will have much pleasure swapping a pint for my goodie bag-deal?

Well that is a very pleasant start to the week :)

Thank you both gents, Jack and Dunc :thumbup: :thumbup:

Some of you may know I am a massive Nordic knife fan, so this is right up my street, I even like the sheath!

I think I'll manage baht dictionary ;)

Thanks again Jack.

Hope you'll be very please with the knife Thom. Obviously the goody-bag contents were purchased with the greater likelihood of someone outside Yorkshire winning it.

I'll put your winnings away until we meet Duncan. I'll no doubt have a few other bits and bobs for you by September ;)

Thanks again to everyone else for the great entries and just for taking part :thumbup:

Jack

Obviously the goody-bag contents were purchased with the greater likelihood of someone outside Yorkshire winning it.

Understatement, that, and a fine laugh on a tired morning over here.

This ongoing unfolding of the winner(s) is enjoyable in its own right.

Well done, all over again.

:)

~ P.

Back