My 5000th Post Traditional Fixed-Blade Giveaway - Do we have a winner?!

I can't do shadows like the master, gevonovich, but it was fun trying.

IMG_6422_zpsffb642bc.jpg

Jack, I'm going to get in on this one! Thanks for the invite.
This is my impression of a Jack Black like photo. It's a photoshop of a picture I took of the Tower Bridge (I'm sure you all know the bridge is in London) in 2007 with the Case Peanut I had in my pocket at the time superimposed on top.
Great GAW. Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Gary, I know you don't usually enter giveaways, and I'm very honoured you've taken up my invitation. Thank you very much, great to see you here, and that's a great pic. Frank and Elliott, it'd be great if you'd throw your hats into the ring too :)

Thanks again Gary :)

Jack

The time has come to draw the winner of my 5000 post giveaway. Many thanks to everyone for all the effort you put into the fantastic contributions, they’ve been a lot of fun to look through again, and I’m very grateful so many of you entered. The Porch is a great place to hang out, and I really appreciate all the kindness and friendship I’ve been shown since starting to post regularly here. I wish I could take you all out for a pint!

In terms of the draw, I’m trying to have a long overdue clear-out at home, and this morning I came across a top-hat I used as part of my Bill The Butcher costume to go to a fancy-dress party a few years ago, and so I thought I’d use it to do an old-fashioned first-out-of-the hat draw. My girlfriend is on hand to act as my assistant, so we’ll be drawing it in just a few minutes. I know that whichever name comes out, everybody will be pleased for them, that’s the generous nature of this great place. Thanks to all of you for making it like that.

Jack

And the winner is...

Congratulations Duncan, I'll be in touch later by PM - Just off out for Sunday lunch now! :) Thanks again everyone :)

Jack

I was afraid you'd pull a rabbit out of that hat! Thanks for the contest and congratulations to Duncan!

Congrats Duncan!!!
This was a great idea Jack. Some fantastic pics to peruse through.

Congratz Duncan! I think you´ll love the knife you´ve just won.

Great generous act, Jack. Thanks for this GA!

Great folks all around in this forum :)

Congratulations Dunc.

This has been a smashing thread Jack. the idea and 'rules' were a great way to get to know some of the photography habits and see collections of our fellow members.

Thanks again for your generosity old bean, and for all your great contributions. Long may they continue (raises glass of water by way of toast!).

Wassail! ;)

Congrats to Duncan!
Jack - thanks for the great GA!
Really fun to look through all the pics :thumbup:

I was afraid you'd pull a rabbit out of that hat!

"Afraid".... :confused:

We had a top hat, we had a lovely assistant, we had a "Bill The Butcher." What could go wrong with a Rabbit Reveal?! ;)

This was a lot of fun, Jack. Thanks! The hat don't lie: congratulations to Duncan (o funny fortuity).

:)

~ P.

Congrats Duncan and thanks for such a great GAW Jack. These where indeed very fun pictures to look at :thumbup:

Back