My dad, utdjim/Jim Babcock, has passed away

Although I never met you father, your words speak of what a great man he was. My deepest sympathies to you and those who loved him most. Death be not proud.

Sorry for your loss

Your father was VERY well liked and will be missed a great deal

Very sorry to hear this. Our sympathies and prayers go out to you and your family.

- Mark

Im so sorry for your loss. Jim was a great man, and a true American. I know in the past couple years he couldnt get out as much or as far as he wouldve liked, but I know he is out there now. I had a few deals with him online, and emailed back and forth at times. What a tremendous loss to our community. I am happy I got to know your father, and although I am sad he is gone, I am happy his battle is over. May he rest in peace. You have my prayers.

I am sorry for your loss, smoke and prayers from MD. I never met him in person but I enjoyed him while he was here on BF's and he will be missed.

I'm sorry for your loss and will say a prayer for him and your family. I enjoyed a lot of correspondence with him, he was a great guy. I was going to hunt on his land this fall, and was hoping to meet him there, but will think of him wherever I end up hunting!

Ah, me. Knew it had to happen eventually ... we all pass. But somehow, it just seems too soon.

Goodbye, Jim. You were right -- the family does go on.

Fond memories of Jim Babcock and best wishes to his son and all his surviving family.

My condolences to you and your family Rob. Jim will be missed.

Your Dad was indeed a very knowledgeable man around the outdoors forums here. His contributions will be missed but we all know that this is nothing compared to your loss.

Your Dad was like an E.F. Hutton guy from the 1980s commercials, every time he posted something, anyone with an ounce of sense would shut up and listen. :D

Your Dad was a great man, Rob. I will miss his wisdom here in the Forums. I truly wish I could have met him in person. Rest easy, my friend!

Ron

My humble condolences Rob, may the Lord bless you and your family during this time of grief.

I didn't know your dad well. I know I've read a few of his posts. I think we may have had a back and forth in a JK passaround a couple of years ago. His spirit will never leave us. :( :)

Jim was a true gentleman and a fantastic contributor to the Wilderness Forum. We exchanged many private messages. Although I never met him in person, I feel the loss of a friend deeply. Rob, my sincerest condolences. RIP, Jim.

My deepest condolences. He seemed to be a really great guy and was a great contributor to W&SS. He will be missed :(

Blessings to you and the family in this time of loss.

Rest well, Jim, and have peace.

"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety."
Psalm 4

Back