My modified CGBB13

Ptac157

Gold Member
gG5B5t.jpg
vrqQij.jpg
GMUGf1.jpg
I'm a newbie to the world of Busse so I thought I'd start by sharing some pics of a BB13 I'm in the process of modifying. I've removed around 2 oz of blade weight and put a nice convex belly towards the front. I wanted the ability to get forward of the handle for finer tasks so I removed the lower part of the grind and created a 3 inch flat section for my fingers. Still leaves me 10 inches of cutting edge. There's still more sanding and refining to do, but you get the idea lol

That looks surprisingly different. Great job. How do you find the balance compared to the original?

It definitely feels better to me. With the handle being on the smaller side, giving up some blade weight hasn't lessened the chopping power at all. It's still very front heavy, but being able to get a couple of fingers in front of the handle has made a world of difference. I now have the option of doing some more delicate chopping if I need to, as opposed to being stuck way there on the handle

Interesting...

Can't ever remember anyone grinding away <that much> sharpened edge.

But I can see how that would work.

I certainly love seeing all that satin INFI on display and it will certainly reduce drag.:thumbsup:

Did you use a belt sander...or did you grind by hand? :eek:

Kudos for making the knife your own! :thumbsup:

Lastly, welcome to Busse!

Interesting...

Can't ever remember anyone grinding away <that much> sharpened edge.

But I can see how that would work.

I certainly love seeing all that satin INFI on display and it will certainly reduce drag.:thumbsup:

Did you use a belt sander...or did you grind by hand? :eek:

Kudos for making the knife your own! :thumbsup:

Lastly, welcome to Busse!

Thanks mate. I did use a belt sander for most of the work up to this point. I've still got more to do, but it's perfectly functional as is. This blade is gonna see some hard use so I felt like I needed to make it a bit more versatile. It might not suit everybody, but it's almost perfect for me. There was a little anxiety when I first fired up the belt sander though lol

That is a really cool mod! Reminds me of the Marbles machetes where the edge starts way out there on the blade.

I love seeing people make their knives suite their own personal wants and needs, great job!

Oh my my my .... Now there's a little bit of work ~ Gotta love chrome! That should slide through about anything.

W-O-W--!!!
That is some dedicated refinishing right there. :eek: --- :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Best part is, you can chop down a forest and check your hair for stray wood chips at the same time! ;)

Holy cow, that mirror finish is INSANE!!! :eek:

Thanks man, initially I didn't even plan to strip this blade. The infi has been surprising easy to polish though. Much easier than some other steels I've done

Belt sander to get that mirror?

I only used the belt sander up to about 120 grit. The rest was done with a cheap rotary buffer and sanding discs from 240 grit up through 2000 grit. I then gave it a coat of autosol metal polish, buffed it off and it came out quite nice

I only used the belt sander up to about 120 grit. The rest was done with a cheap rotary buffer and sanding discs from 240 grit up through 2000 grit. I then gave it a coat of autosol metal polish, buffed it off and it came out quite nice
Looks awesome!!

Back