My New Bradford Guardian 3

Recently I sold one of my knives because I needed something better suited to EDC, but still capable. After doing some searching I found Bradford knives which apparently has a fantastic reputation. The Guardian 3 seemed like it would better suit my current needs, so I ordered one after selling my other, luckily I got enough out of it to buy the Bradford.

X5j6hW7.jpg

This knife has M390 steel, DLC black coating, carbon fiber scales, and a leather sheath. I'm pretty stoaked. This thing has a razor sharp edge and not only is it fully capable as an EDC blade, but it looks great too. I'm lovin it already.

60NkaJ4.jpg

dTFg7VB.jpg

Looks good! My only issue with it was the handle was too short when carried as a necker to afford a secure purchase upon extraction. Otherwise, the BG3 was awesome in every other way...

Very nice. I am still waiting for a blade shape I like. But when that happens Ill be buying my first fixed blade in several years. I just want a FFG or a trailing point.

Congrats on a tried and tested favorite! It's one of those knives I sold and keep looking at because I miss it.

Very nice. I am still waiting for a blade shape I like. But when that happens Ill be buying my first fixed blade in several years. I just want a FFG or a trailing point.

You don't like the sheepsfoot? Or warncliff?

IMG_2632.JPG IMG_2633.JPG You're gonna love it Boxer!! I have mine for about a year and that little beast has proved itself time and time again!!
Mine is 3v and has been a work knife. It rides very comfortably and is invisible under an untucked T shirt.
Enjoy it! You chose a great looking one!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Joe

I have purchased four Guardian 3's and one G3F...his folder. All great knives. I only have one fixed G3 left, and it is in DLC M390...much like yours. I don't have the CF grips, but it's a good grip. I've carried this one on my belt since I got it maybe seven or eight months ago... I also carry a folder, but I find that I use the G3 much more often. This is a great model...you've chosen a real winner, IMO.

For those that have one and aren't crazy about your scales, he offers them seperately. Maybe you knew that but I thought it was worth mentioning.

I don't have a 3 ... "YET" ... but I recently got a Guardian 4 in FFG M390 ... and have to say it is quickly becoming one of my favorite knives ... probably the most impressed I've been by a knife in awhile and especially a fixed blade ... I can tell already this ones gonna turn out to be a gremlin and Ill wake up one morning and have 6 or 7 running around ... amazing knives :thumbsup:

View attachment 735034 View attachment 735035 You're gonna love it Boxer!! I have mine for about a year and that little beast has proved itself time and time again!!
Mine is 3v and has been a work knife. It rides very comfortably and is invisible under an untucked T shirt.
Enjoy it! You chose a great looking one!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Joe

And have seen those pics a couple times love the combo

They are great knives, made by a great company and the dude that owns the place is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Brad will also stand behind his product.
I really enjoyed dealing with him.
Joe

Thanks JJ!!
:thumbsup:

They are great knives, made by a great company and the dude that owns the place is an absolute pleasure to deal with. Brad will also stand behind his product.
I really enjoyed dealing with him.
Joe

Thanks JJ!!
:thumbsup:

Yep. I had trouble with my phone and his site and called him and left a message at 5:30 pm, he called me back in about twenty minutes, while driving. Lol He got me fixed up and shipped out. Can't beat it!

Love it!!
I was looking for those blue scales with the Nimbus blade finish and none of the dealers had one in stock.
Sent an e mail through the web site on a Saturday evening. Brad responded in bout half an hour.
He built me one over the weekend and shipped it out Monday for me!! Pretty good service!!
He e mailed me bout a week later to find out how I liked it.
Great guy! One of the good guys that you really hope makes it big!
Joe

Yep. I had trouble with my phone and his site and called him and left a message at 5:30 pm, he called me back in about twenty minutes, while driving. Lol He got me fixed up and shipped out. Can't beat it!

You know, the hardest thing for me was only deciding on one. I had it narrowed down to this one and the same but stonewashed, and the one with blue/black G10, and black micarta. I also want a sheepsfoot too.
If he made those Ghost Jade ones in the 3D scales I don't think I would have chosen the CF. :)

I want multiple unfortunately for me.

That's the same problem I had Boxer and why Im sure Ill end up with a few more then the one I have now ...

By the way Joe how does the 3V workout in a small blade? Is it fairly easy to keep sharp?

I'll jump in here too:
I have been very impressed working with Brad, both in getting a knife and resolving a problem I had with a sheath.

My Guardian 3 (m390 with the 3d Gwood scales) was the first fixed blade I bought to actually carry almost daily (as opposed to a few Moras which live near the kindling pile, in a backpack, or in a drawer). I really like using it. It feels great in the hand, and has served me well so far for everything from food prep to fire prep to cutting loose threads off my kids clothes. I did spend a few minutes to add a little lanyard/fob to it to make it easier to grip and pull from the sheath, which improved my ability to easily extract it from either the leather or kydex sheaths.

Enjoy the knife and have fun,
Mike

Back