My ONE & Only

I had a delica, & didn't really like it. If I were choosing one knife for life, that wouldn't be it.

Sebbie for sure. Great knife but even if it isn't your cup of tea you could still sell it and get multiples of the other knife options

Your have thinned it down to (1) knife from three. For someone who likes to have one knife, it would have to be the Sebenza 21..... Fine knife, expensive yes, but well worth it.

Sebbie. It's like a hidden bank account. You get in a tight spot you you can sell it and have a few bucks in your pocket to keep you afloat for a few days.

My one and only often is a SAK. Not glamorous, but even when I carry another knife, the SAK gets most of the use. The Delica is my standard that I use to judge knives in terms of size and whether I am likely to like it. While I love the Delica, it is not my standard carry knife any more.

My two candidates are the Spyderco Native 5 (G10 version) and LionSTEEL Opera (stag) in addition to a SAK. Really like these two knives.

Please rethink this only one concept. Two might work better. Grab a used sebenza and a new delica. That would keep you covered.

I love the PM2, but for the steel. If I were to buy another it would be the s110v version.

I had a Sebenza, it was ok. I have large thumbs and could not grip the thumbstuds. But if there was only one knife I could own and use out of everything I've owned, it would be my Spyderco Manix 2 sprint with Carpenter CTS-XHP steel, or my Southern Grind spider monkey.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

THANKS to all who have offered guidance so far with your responses!

Oh yes, it will be one and done once I make the selection. I will take a photograph to verify my selection, thank all who weighed in with thoughts and suggestions and then promptly shutter my bladeforums account. I like the idea of the future spa treatment by CRK if needed. That appeals to me.

THANKS to all who have offered guidance so far with your responses!

Oh yes, it will be one and done once I make the selection. I will take a photograph to verify my selection, thank all who weighed in with thoughts and suggestions and then promptly shutter my bladeforums account. I like the idea of the future spa treatment by CRK if needed. That appeals to me.

Well don't do that! We're gonna need pics of your new sebbie:D

I have decided on a Chris Reeve Sebenza small. Just need to decide between the regular blade or Insingo now. I will most likely be ordering the knife via New Graham knives as well. They seem to come highly regarded from what I can tell from my research.

So now..... REGULAR Blade or Insingo Blade??????????? I'm leaning toward the original regular blade style but not by much as I find the Insingo very attractive as well, perhaps not as minimalist as the regular??????? What say you?

I have the insingo blade and find it very useful. I would also suggest knives ship free as well. They are a great company I deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boils down to :
1. Do you want to cut stuff ?
2. Do you want pocket jewelry and fine machinery to play with ?

I set up an abomination to illustrate. Also painfully illustrates why, though I love it to death for #2 , why I never EDC my Buck 110 for #1.

If I were to own one knife for #1 then it would HAVE TO BE hands down the Cold Steel paring knife. Fixed but I show a Wenger Patriot for a folder and you can apply all this to what ever in between folder that lifts your balloon.

So to the display / photo.
What stops me every time from skipping meals and saving my lunch money (how I got extra cash when I was a kid) . . . to buy the Sebenza (which I WILL buy; probably by Christmas this year) . . .

Well the Sebenzas are just TOO thick to be good all around EDCs. In my book anyway.

See how the Buck 110 not only wedges the tougher / harder materials open, because it is SO GOSH DARNED THICK, but the material is smooshing around the blade just to make the cut. That’s all well and good for processing flesh . . . do that alot do you ? ? ? I don’t.

See how the thin blades BLAZE through this kind of material THINK WIRE TIES. I tried to cut a wire tie . . . small one . . . with my ground down Ti Lite the other day and it still took way too much muscle.

The thin guys here would have cut it without a thought.

The grip on the CS paring is to die for as well. For me. I can’t find anything better for a 3inch EDC but again that is fixed so really out of the picture for you I suppose.

So . . . in the search for perfection I buy the Griptillian. It’s really great. Probably too big for your use. I include it here to show it still really wedges because it is pretty thick (but way more useful than the Buck 110) . . . grip ? . . . not as good as the CS Paring Knife but is larger and really great.

I am not even recommending a knife for you. All I am saying is think about the blade thickness.
The Sebenza’s and all the other CRKs except one are thicker than the Griptillian . . .

Last edited:
Boils down to :
1. Do you want to cut stuff ?
2. Do you want pocket jewelry and fine machinery to play with ?

THANK YOU for your descriptive and thought out opinions and reply. I read it and understand where you are coming from but I mainly differ in that this would be only the third knife I have ever owned after the Case and the PUMA. I want pocket jewelry and fine machinery and I will no doubt "cut stuff" with it. Using my "Buy Once" mantra, I came to the realization that the Spyderco models that made my finish "cut" so to speak ( I have handled both of them in the metal) would only be a GATEWAY drug(s) to the eventual Sebenza purchase. I have decided to cut to the chase and select the Reeve knife FIRST. Thanks again.... you have that engineer's brain and thought out your response very succinctly. Cheers.
REGULAR BLADE or INSINGO??????????????

Back