My temporary resignation from knife purchasing. (Very temporary... ^_~)

2nbavq1.jpg

246j8dx.jpg

Too much money! Ahh! :) But I am very happy with my little collection, and I just got a beautiful new brown leather pouch to keep my Buck 110 from HarryD HarryD nice and safe. ^_^ (I also got the Alox MiniChamp a little leather pouch that has yet to arrive.) I honestly could not feel more content with this set of knives; for me, it's a perfect collection. Maybe later down the road I will add a few to the mix, but for now I am very happy. :]

I hope you all are having a lovely day!! <3 My fellow BF Denver Dwellers, try and stay safe and warm from all this crazy rain! :)

~ Sparkly

Stick around here and the bug will bite you again and you will have to have a new ???? one day. Enjoy your collection and have fun with them. :)

2nbavq1.jpg

246j8dx.jpg

Too much money! Ahh! :) But I am very happy with my little collection, and I just got a beautiful new brown leather pouch to keep my Buck 110 from HarryD HarryD nice and safe. ^_^ (I also got the Alox MiniChamp a little leather pouch that has yet to arrive.) I honestly could not feel more content with this set of knives; for me, it's a perfect collection. Maybe later down the road I will add a few to the mix, but for now I am very happy. :]

I hope you all are having a lovely day!! <3 My fellow BF Denver Dwellers, try and stay safe and warm from all this crazy rain! :)

~ Sparkly
You're not done , you need a bubble knife.

Great start!

Let me put my parent hat on and suggest that you come up with a budget and try to stick to it. Put a little each month into the knife fund and don't buy something until you can afford it. No "borrowing" from the next month. The quicker you can learn to budget the better.

/old person lecture over

Be Happy. Looking good on stuff you use. Keep it up, but slow down a little for at least a week or two. ;)

I have said this many times..... no more and so forth. It never sticks. Time passes and I see something I like, walla ..... new knife. You did say it was temporary though.

Not buying doesn't even stick with SAKs. About a year ago, I see this interesting Tinker with bass scales at Bass Pro.... had to have it and I don't even carry a Tinker model any more. In the last two weeks I have received a new Bark River fixed blade and I told myself, I don't need or even want any more. Then today I get an email concerning the Bobcat model... oh, so nice and right up my alley design-wise. But I haven't ordered. I love fixed blades, but seldom really need to use one.

Last edited:
We shall see. Hopefully you stay strong and resist the urge. I keep telling myself no more, but shiny new things always seem to get the better of me.

I understand hitting a price ceiling - I honestly budget a reasonably significant portion of my expenses just so I can afford to get knives now and again.

If the SAK / Traditional world is what works for you so far, check out Rough Rider knives. They're reasonably well-made and allow you to try several different styles of knives out on the cheap. My personal favorite is the Dog Bone Trapper, and there's a white bone handled hawkbill that I used as a carpet knife for home improvement purposes.

All that said, variety is good too. Be mindful of local knife laws, as well - unless something has changed since I was in Denver, the legal limit for a "concealed" folding knife is 3.5". I almost questioned the extensive use of pouches, but then I remembered the brief period in which I attempted to wear girl jeans and discovered how infuriatingly useless the pockets were, and how excited my wife gets when she finds a dress with pockets.

Solution: Get a bandolier. Fill it with knives.

2nbavq1.jpg

246j8dx.jpg

~ Sparkly
Ya done good, Sparkly! That's a well selected collection that not only looks good, but is useful and durable. Good call on holding off on future purchases for a while. I'll join you in that resolution now that I have a new 110 to use for a while.

In the meantime, let's try to get the Front Range contingent together and spend some of the savings not buying knives on beer!

Zieg

Back